Firefly Glen ark
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
Private 
@Andrés as promised <3 let me know if location (or assumptions) doesn't work!

the land was dark, swathed in shadows of night.

he had no fear though. not when he once more felt some...thicker tether to God than he had in some time — and had the gigantic canine by his side. surely they indulged in conversation on the way there, but when they finally arrived to the glen, it revealed a surprise to them.

tiny lights floated through the sky.

look, andrés, he summoned the man's attention to the clearing between trees. this is the dazzling lights i told you of.
18 Posts
Ooc — hela
all works for me <3

Andrés was happy to be traveling with the wolfdog, so much so that, at times, he forgot they were actually heading somewhere. Even his excitement over the land of lights didn't compare to his eagerness to know more of the godly man. 

But when they arrived, his attention was momentarily stolen by the sight. Las luces son hermosas, the guardian softly exclaimed. What causes these lights? he asked. It was unlike anything he had ever seen.
spanish
common
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
the man spoke in his native tongue.

bartholomew cared little for other languages, but he did care for the tone. that soft exclamation. surely the man had said something good, no?

i do not know specifically, he was honest, hushed for such an admission. i believe it to be a blessing, a piece of heaven on earth.

what say you? do your gods create such things as this?
18 Posts
Ooc — hela
Ah, of course, he said, his eyes roaming over the meadow. A blessing. He turned his gaze on the man beside him, dark eyes reflecting the light from around them like stars in the night sky. Cielo Andrés told him. It means heaven. This was certainly similar to heaven; the guardian could feel it. 

He chuckled at the question. Of course, he answered, taking a step and then moving to stand in the lights. He saw then that they were insects; they moved away from him as he walked, so he took a seat and tried to remain still. He wondered if they would settle on him. 

It took only a minute or so, but the illuminated bugs started to land on his thick fur. When one had landed on his muzzle, he looked to Bartholomew, wherever he was, and grinned. Maybe I am chosen, he said, an amused sparkle in his eyes.
spanish
common
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
cielo.

heaven.

he wonder if this man's god(s) was his own. a misunderstanding, a miscommunication. perhaps this man's native tongue turned the story some, words did not translate well.

bartholomew could only pray.

he stood on his stilts of legs and watched the seated man, the collection of lights finding interest in him.

i believe you are, he offered near breathless. it is why you have come to spread your gospel, no? you have been chosen.
18 Posts
Ooc — hela
You are correct; I have not looked at it that way. Andrés smiled. 

He stood and move closer to his new friend, taking a seat near him. Maybe I was meant to find you, too, he said, his voice soft and his tone serious. The guardian liked to keep things light most of the time, but he knew there were times when he needed to be serious; this was one of those times. He was growing more than fond of the other man, and he hoped to keep him close for some time.

It was up to Bartholomew, though, and he wasn't quite sure what all went on inside the beautiful man's head.
spanish
common
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
i wanna keep this one going but if ur up to it maybe they can have something new at the coast <3

he grew bashful, uncertain. warm and confused. dizzied.

maybe, he whispered softly in response. words slipped by him now, he was uncertain how to speak from here. his gaze danced around the light spotted man.

we are all set on a course, led along by purpose...

he drew near the other.

edit: pls pm me if u wanna revive this <333 i'd be down, just tidying up for now