Ouroboros Spine Pissurta
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
As Samani padded her way along the rocky trails of Moonglow, she thought of young Veteran. The boy had been remarkably set on the path that he wished to follow. He had proudly stated that he wished to be a guardian to his people. The moon child had not understood how he could already know the path that his spirit would take. He was not much older than she was.

The young girl made her way into a familiar cavern where the dripping of water offered her some peace, a tranquil song that played in the background. Samani searched the rocky area with a thoughtful expression on her face. It had not been the first time she had been asked what she would like to do.

In that moment, Samani turned from the cavern and stepped out into the grey winter air. She had set herself to find @Inutsuk, hoping that the man might be able to teach her something valuable. The last conversation she had shared with him had been pleasant, and the young girl felt that he was worthy of her trust. As she searched for the man, she silently wished that Kausiut was easier to confide in.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

His travels, yet again, led him straight to one in particular he had been hoping to see.

With the air bitter and frigid, the eyes were harshly nipped. Though the child he could not fully view, her scent was unmistakable.

Samani. Inutsuk greeted with thrumming vocals, continuing to fight the winds with batting lids.

The two seemed to cross paths so easily, as if their minds synced when the desired the company of each other. Perhaps it was true that he outnumbered Samani in years, but that did not mean there was nothing to be taught by the young she-wolf. Each new generation is born with more knowledge and capability than the last. It is within their blood -- within their purpose to share this knowledge; from him old, and her new. What lessons would they provide today?

298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The familiar agouti coat appeared before her. Samani lifted her chin up until she had rested her eyes on his face. A soft smile curled her lips.

Inutsuk, the moon child returned with a small nod of her snout. It is good to see your face. It was a greeting she had heard her mother use on more than one occasion. Samani felt that it was suitable for the man across from her. It had been a short while since she had last seen him. She had grown considerably from the pup she had been. There was still growth to be made, but the moon child could look into his eyes without needing to gaze up at the heavens.

I hoped to see you, Samani spoke after a moment. Her eyes searched his features. She wondered if Inutsuk would be a good wolf to speak to about her path within Moonglow.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Inutsuk had always been pleased by the girl's kind greetings. So similar to her mother, really. 

As it is good to see yours. The tawny man returned softly, dipping his snout.

How have you been faring since we last spoke? A genuine and sincere inquiry. He seemed to have relationships within Moonglow, especially with its youth. Samani was the first he'd really taken the time to get to know; and now that he had, he was surely glad. Their interactions were always pleasant and it helped Inutsuk learn more.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The moon child could only smile up at the man. He had been good to her from the start. She liked the way that he spoke, for his words were tinged with warmth and kindness. Samani could not have described this to another soul. It was a feeling that only she could understand within herself.

I have been well, she answered him quietly. The young girl was unsure of herself. There was a small frown that found her features – thoughtful and troubled. When her gaze shifted to the man’s face, she hoped that she would find answers within him. Inutsuk was a good man, she reminded herself. The feelings of nervousness faded slightly from within her stomach.

Inutsuk, are you a hunter? Samani asked of him.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

The smile upon the child's face could do nothing less of make his stomach flutter. A warmth of happiness was within. Each time the pair held company, Inutsuk had enjoyed every second of it. Perhaps it was the fact that Samani was the only child he'd ever truly dared to spend his time with. Was it growing on him?

"I have been well." A soft, quiet reply. The tawny man nodded in acknowledgement.

Ears then perked as the child of sun and moon began to speak again.

"Inutsuk, are you a hunter?" 

What a curious question, he thought to himself.

With a light nod, Inutsuk regarded her carefully as he answered. Before my time here, I was only meant to be a guardian, a warrior. But these things change. Your mother and Shikoba taught me what it is to be a hunter. There are many components to learn and different areas in which one can excel. Now, I am both hunter and guardian; though, with more experience placed towards the latter.

He would not blatantly request an answer as to why she wished to know this. If she chose to give an explanation, she would; and if not, so be it.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The young girl could only appreciate Inutsuk for his answer. When he spoke, it was with honesty and candidness. It seemed that he had followed the path of a warrior, or guardian. He explained that when he had joined the Moonglow wolves, he had learned something of their ways and had shifted to something more of a hybrid. This was surprising to Samani, for she had not considered that two paths could be combined into one. It seemed to have done well for the tawny man.

The moon child glanced to her paws, thoughtful still.

When Samani returned her gaze to Inutsuk, her smile had returned to her features and her tail waved to him. Appreciation filled her heart, though she wasn’t certain how she might show it to the man. More thoughts and questions flurried through her mind, dancing like snowflakes.

I wish to learn to hunt.

Samani swallowed.

Could you show me? Teach me? About being a guardian, too…
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"I wish to learn to hunt." The girl said.

"Could you show me? Teach me? About being a guardian, too..." Then was asked.

Inutsuk couldn't help but show a display of surprise. 

Samani wanted him to teach her? No one had ever asked such a thing of him. 

Well... He was slightly hesitant, doubtful of his own capabilities. I can't say I've ever had the pleasure of teaching anyone, but I'm willing to give it a try. 

How could he say no? Kukutux had recently mentioned to him about finding his second title within Moonglow. Sometime soon, Inutsuk would need to teach these things to his own children. This bond between him and Samani had just begun to bloom. What better way to further it than take on this opportunity?

298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The hesitation on his voice made Samani wonder if she should not have asked him. Worry crept through her, spiking the rate of her heartbeat. He was a hunter of Moonglow. Of course, he should not need to worry about teaching a young girl how to hunt. The moon child felt foolish, and her cheeks burned hot.

But Inutsuk was kind with his answer. He said that he had never been placed in a position to teach the skills he had learned. Samani was not worried for his teaching skills. He spoke in words of understanding. He had proven himself a valuable member of their village. She could see no fault in the tawny man across from her.

I think that you would be a good teacher. I can be the first to learn.

A gentle smile found its way to her features. Samani hoped that he would feel more at ease. She did not doubt him. Inutsuk was a good man.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"I think you would be a good teacher."

It was a response Inutsuk hadn't been expecting to hear, if he were honest.

Though, it offered some form of pride to well within. 

You speak so highly of me. It could have been taken as a dismissive comment, or maybe a modest one. But in his view, it was a questioning statement. Why did Samani speak to highly of him? They knew little of each other and she knew nothing of his ability. Yet, she held such trust. This would be something he looked forward to learning later on.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Maybe it was just a feeling. Samani could not have answered why she thought highly of the man. She had only shared a small conversation with him, and a few passing glances. He seemed dutiful, though. He had made a place for himself in Moonglow and had shown that he meant to stay there. The moon child wondered if he would bring children to their village, if he would find a mate the way Kukutux had. These thoughts buzzed in her head, but she did not speak them.

I think you are good.

That was all that needed to be said, was it not? Inutsuk did not make her feel unsafe. He was a friend to their people. Samani could not think of anyone better to teach her what she wished to learn.

Jade eyes shifted away from his face. The young girl suddenly felt warm, a rush of embarrassment. Perhaps she should not have spoken about him in such a way. Samani wondered if it was her place to make those remarks.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

A small phrase of simple words, but enough indeed.

Inutsuk looked down upon the child was a satisfied, grateful look. 

Then that is enough for me. He answered firmly, planting his thoughts upon how he would go about this. In truth, he was taking the request seriously and intended to see it through, regardless of how little he knew of teaching.

Of what do you wish to learn first? They would need somewhere to start and Inutsuk figured it wiser to begin where Samani had immediate interest. This way, she would be keen in her lessons and eager to move on to the next.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Relief washed over her when he did not ask for more. Samani tucked this away as another reason why she liked the man. He did not pry when she felt out of place. He accepted her words for what they were. Inutsuk was a good man. The moon child was pleased to have found a small friendship in him. She hoped that it would bloom and grow into something greater, as she aged.

Inutsuk inquired what she might like to learn first. Samani had not considered this.

Hm. Maybe you could show me how you defend the village on your patrols.

Samani offered him a sweet smile. She had only ventured to their borders a few times. There were heavy scent markings that noted where Moonglow’s claim ended, but she did not know the extent of what a patrol did for their people. Her legs felt restless, however, and she believed it would do them well to walk.