Cedar Sweep Warrior Women
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Fury!

Calida knew the mountain well by now, and she left it today, just after a patrol, deciding to explore the hinterlands further. Things had been going well for Atautsikut, and the young woman had settled in nicely. She much preferred the summit over the glacier, though she kept this to herself; she knew most of her pack had been at the glacier for a long time.

She pushed through the trees, scenting the air. There was a pack nearby; her interest piqued, Calida let out a soft call, wondering if anyone would respond. She kept moving, towards the sound of water, and the packscent grew thicker. She would quench her thirst swiftly, then move away, ever cautious.
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
so sorry for the wait!

Fury herself was on the outer edges of her kingdom when a soft call came from within the Sweep.

The Warchief howled back, before trotting further into the woods to see who had inquired.
It was a woman, Fury saw as she approached. The Queen waved her tail as a sign of friendliness as she came closer, stopping a respectful distance from the mountain girl.

"I am Fury, Warchief of the Saints." She introduced, offering a small smile.
"You are of Atautiskut?" She asked, awaiting confirmation that wasn't the scent wafting from fur.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
No worries! <3

A call came shortly after her own, and Calida sat to wait. In time, a woman larger even than Calida herself appeared, heavily-scarred. She seemed friendly, and she introduced herself; Calida dipped her head in greeting, then at Fury's question, nodded, telling her, "Yes, indeed. I'm one of Atautsikut's guardians."

Calida had heard that the pack had new allies, and she queried, "Are you the allies I've been hearing of? I'm a bit behind the times, I'm afraid." She chuckled, her own tail waving gently once or twice behind her.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled at the confirmation.
Then, an inquiry in turn. 

It was only fair to share when something had been shared.

"Yes, I believe we are. Your alpha extended an invitation for a pack hunt when we met." Fury offered in exchange. 
They had never officially agreed to be alliances to each other, but the Warchief hoped the mountain wolves did consider The Saints as allies. 

She didn't need any more enemies.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
If you're up for it, we could do a defensive fighting spar for Calida's guardian training? <3

An inter-pack hunt sounded interesting to say the least — it would allow Calida to meet other wolves, and get the chance to fell something big. The guardian grinned, tail lifting to wag again. "That is good to hear! Perhaps we will have it soon," though she knew nothing of her leader's plans. "But, your title is Warchief?" A smile, then, "I just wonder... would you be interested in a spar? I don't get the chance to train much."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sure! It gives Fury another thread for Tactician too lol <3

Fury smiled "I hope so. My children should be old enough to observe by then." She mused, tail waving happily at the thought. 
Truly, she wished only for harmony between all the packs she shared the Hinterlands with. Children had changed her, to a degree. 
At least for now. 

Then, the mention of a spar. 
Fury's gaze glinted with interest, and she offered another, softer, smile.
"I wouldn't mind a friendly spar. Be warned though, I do tend to be a bit rough..." She accepted the offer with that statement, and would move off a few paces to allow them both room to ready themselves. 

Fury would nod to Calida after a moment - allowing her the first move if she wanted it.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
So, what makes the difference between defensive/guardian training and offensive/warrior training? Is Calida just supposed to defend...?

"Ah, you've children?" Calida thought of her own potential children; she'd mated with two males over the season, but nothing had ever come for it. She wasn't sure whether she was disappointed or happy with that fact.

Then, talk of their spar. Calida's tail waved behind her and she grinned, saying, "Ah, no worries, I've got pretty thick skin." She was built for fighting, after all. Fury stepped away, and Calida did the same, stretching for a few moments.

Fury offered her the first move, and Calida took it, circling the larger woman. She would attempt to stay light on her feet, as her opponent was larger and likely heavier, and she reached out to strike Fury's side, maw agape but making sure to use less pressure than she normally would — she did not want to truly injure her opponent.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To me, Warrior threads are based on taking the offensive in a fight/spar, and Guardian threads are defensive combat, along with border interactions! That's just my interpretation though <3 Calida can defend if you'd like, but it's up to you :)

As Calida circled, Fury kept her head low, level with her shoulders if not lower, eyes never leaving thee mountain wolf.
Calida made for her side, and Fury swung her hip towards her fellow woman, intent to catch her in the shoulder and take her off-balance with the move, if it succeeded. 

Should she succeed in knocking into Calida, it would likely leave her open for another attack, but Fury didn't mind in the slightest, where this was a friendly soar, and not a life or death situation.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida knew pretty quickly that she was outmatched, but what did it matter? It was only a spar, after all. As she was struck in the shoulder, she was buffeted back with a grunt. She decided to try and defend, instead.

The red woman braced herself, putting her weight evenly on all four paws. She copied Fury, ducking her head to protect her throat, and her ears angled back. She nodded to Fury, saying, "I think I should work on defense first," She would never be a good guardian if she could not protect herself first.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Warqueen connected.
As Calida stumbled backwards and redistributed herself on all four paws, Fury nodded to the sentiment with an agreeable "Defense is a good foundation to start with." 

That said, the Warchief faced her fellow warrior.
There was a brief pause and little warning before Fury rushed Calida, tucking her shoulder in to try and buffet the woman back a second time with intent to hit her in the chest. 

Would you prefer to roll dice? It's up to you, I'm fine w/ whatever!
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
No dice, Calida will lose!

Fury rushed her again, and Calida had to scramble to get out of the way. She changed tactics, keeping herself light on her paws. She then moved to Fury's side, aiming to ram into her in the same manner that she had just tried.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury missed, and was quickly buffeted backwards by a similar move landing on her ribs. 
The Warqueen stumbled a bit with a sharp huff and grinned approvingly. 
Wasting no time, Fury was swift to swing inwards and aim her teeth for Calida's lower neck, whilst also attempting to overwhelm her by feigning to run her down via the Monarch's own large mass.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sorry for the delay! Surgery + recovery made me forget I hadn't gotten to this yet! :')

Fury was a good opponent, clearly versed in battle. Calida thought she might have a lot to learn from the Warchief, and her green gaze glittered with delight as their spar continued. Teeth flashed for her neck, but Calida angled her head, maw open in a silent snarl to protect such a key location. She struck out from there, teeth seeking to latch onto a shoulder.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Teeth latched to the Queen's shoulder. 
Fury grinned with battle fervour, pushing into Calida's bulk with her own, while seeking for the young woman's nape. 

Pain was no stranger to the Chieftain, not even a deterrant. 

it's perfectly ok! <3
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Weight pressed into her, causing her to stumble and slip sideways. She used this as an opportunity to scramble away, and begin to circle as she thought of her next move. If Fury wanted her neck so badly, then she'd get it.

The young guardian surged forward, feinting a bite to Fury's foreleg, hoping that she would go for Calida's nape again, and she could swing her head back up, teeth clenched to protect them from the rattle of potential impact. It was a bold move likely to damage both sides, but the question was, would Fury fall for it?

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury watched Calida stumble and scramble away, golden eyes bright. 
As the Guardian went for her foreleg, the Warqueen lept to the side and ducked inward, aiming to shoulder Calida in the side.

If this didn't work, the Warchief might stumble and fall into the dirt from the force she put into the movement.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Her feint was unsuccessful, and Fury caught her in the side, sending her sprawling. She got up, shaking dirt and leaf litter from her red pelt, chuckling. "Well, you got me. Good fighting." Her tail rose, wagging gently.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury ceased as Calida sprawled, allowing pause for her sparring companion to get up.

It was done, then. The Warchief smiled and waved her own tail, friendliness in her tones.
"You're pretty good yourself. I imagine you'll make an even more formidable opponent soon." She commented, eyes dancing with approval.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
"Thank you," Calida grinned, her own eyes alight. She was finding she truly enjoyed spars — they were a good way to train her body, but most of all, she found herself mentally and physically exhausted after, and it left little room for worries. "I should be getting back. Maybe we can spar again soon?"

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
  maybe we could fade w/ your next post? <3

Fury smiles as Calida accepts the compliment. 
Then, she notes she should be returning to her home, to which the Warchief nods in acceptance and says "Me too. I'm definitely around if you ever want to tussle again." She offered a wider grin before turning to depart for the Strath once more.
Health (100/100)
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
You got it <3

"Then it's a plan," the young guardian smiled, tail swaying lightly. It was time to return home. Calida offered Fury a dip of her head and then they parted ways, Calida feeling very accomplished.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.