Heron Lake Plateau Training
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
It had been two weeks since she had met the soldier of Mereo — two weeks, and they were supposed to spar. On the plateau, she called for @Reyson, her spirits high and her energy even higher; this was going to be a good training session, she just knew it.
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had not been counting down the days, par say. However, her certainly knew when he was supposed to meet the she wolf, Calida. And with his large brutish paws, he had set out in search for her. She offered him training, and he never passed up training. He couldn't wait to get started. 

It was with a contented howl back, he let her know he was on his way. And quickly, his large limbs and strides took up space as he booked it towards her. A quick wave of his tail and a gentle chuff to let her know he was there. 

And he followed that with a gentle Hello Calida.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
His howl came, and the guardian woman smiled to herself, settling to lay comfortably while she waited. A chuff came soon from behind her, and she stood, turning to see Reyson. Her tail waved gently. "Reyson, hello. How are you? I was hoping you could show me some defensive techniques today."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He dipped his muzzle, taking in her form, to best assess where she was weakest, he would need to see her in battle to determine it. 

I'll be glad too. Defensive posture, always guard your weak spot, but don't be obvious about. His weak side was always his left, but he tried not to show that. He moved forward, head down, ears forward alert, and he prowled around, her guarding all his spots. 

Alright, Calida. Attack me.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida nodded at his advice, and her brow furrowed in thought. She did not have much practice with actual fighting, having done her best to avoid it through her life when she had lived as a loner. Now, though, she had others who needed protecting. But, what was her weakness? She wasn't sure, though she thought she might be weaker on her left. When Reyson told her to attack, she circled him, keeping her left side on the outside, her right side facing in.

Calida struck out, coming for Reyson's left flank. Her teeth would aim to grab him, but the pressure of the bite would be restricted — she didn't want to truly injure him.

I rolled a 1 for damage! How pathetic lmao.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Well she is learning :D I rolled a 5 so mid-damage is that right? I don't know the dice well, so tell me if I'm wrong. so i am 29/30 HP?

Reyson nodded in approval at her weaker side out. She came at his left flank, but she was a little too slow. Her teeth cut air. He used his shoulder and his momentum to rock a shoulder into her chest. Going for a glancing blow.

Good job keeping your weaker side out there, but always watch for feet work. Too close want to use body to block, like I just did. Unless you are certain you will hit, try not to bite low enough that it could in turn cause you damage. Use your advantages over your foes.

He didn't know if he was helping, but he was trying. If she had questions she would have to ask.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
I'm screaming, she rolled a 1 again for damage! Also yes, you're correct! Calida HP is 25.

She was thrust backwards, and she grunted as the air was knocked out of her. She dug her feet into the ground, nodding once again at his advice. It was good — he must have had proper training, but then again, he did say he was a soldier. She grinned as she bounded back a step, resuming her circling.

They were of similar size, but he was clearly stronger. She debated her next move carefully. Darting forward, she aimed a quick nip at his right shoulder before pulling back, trying to keep light on her feet.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
poor calida. I rolled  10 Reyson has 28/30

He saw her coming, though she was swifter, quicker. Her nip again hit air, as he moved away from her. He darted a paw out to trip up her feet, he tried to keep his claws inside. He didn't want to hurt her. Was this an actual battle he would have sliced her.

Good, but don't think so hard. Try and just do. If you second guess yourself, you're going to get hurt. You may still, but never second guess yourself, especially in the midst of a battle.

He changed tactics and got low, like he was going to leap, to see what she would do to attack that.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida HP is 15, rolled a 10 for dmg!

Reyson caught her by the ankle when she wasn't looking, and she tripped, sending herself sprawling to the ground. She got to her paws, shaking the dust from her pelt, and she huffed as she listened to his advice.

He lowered himself, and Calida straight rushed him, intending to use her weight to send him toppling over. She kept her weight spread evenly, and she also hunkered down somewhat, to make her more immovable.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson is 18/30 and i rolled a 6 for damage.

Calida slammed into his weaker side and sent him sprawling. She used her center of gravity well. Though he lunged with a forepaw as he was falling, hoping to get a blow in.

He huffed and stood on tired limbs, the gentle ache of working his body lighting a fire. He loved pushing himself. A slip of a smile began on his face.

He stood rocking on his heels, eyes at the ready. He cicrcled her waiting for her n3xt attack, reminding himself that he was to show her defense.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida HP is 9, rolled a 7 for damage!

She toppled him, and she let out a triumphant cry, only to have a paw dart out and trip her up. She fell, teeth biting down onto her tongue — blood blossomed inside her mouth, and she spat it out. "Ouch," she grunted, pulling a face.

Reyson began to circle her. Calida aimed a snap at his muzzle, keeping her own head low to protect her neck and throat, her ears pressed back against her skull.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson HP is 11, rolled a 10 for damage!

Reyson smiled at her cry, but shook his head. Be proud of yourself. But never get overconfident that is how you die.

Her teeth grazed over his jaw opening up a small line, blood dripping to mingle in the dirt.

He lunged, feinted and then used his bulk and his shoulder to knock her over, paw against her throat. Though, he didn't press.

A small smile on his face. I believe I win. Though, it was well matched.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida was felled. She toppled onto her side, grunting as the wind was knocked out of her. She grinned up at Reyson, aimed a playful snap at the paw on her throat, then got to her feet, shaking out her pelt.

"Ugh, jeez. Well fought, thanks for the practice," she chuckled quietly. Calida then moved to the nearby water, rinsing the blood from her mouth. Her tongue felt swollen and sore.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He chuckled at her playful snap. It was and thank you as well. He had enjoyed this. It had been a nice change of pace. His body smarted but in the best way.

Reyson followed behind her, he flipped a paw into the water and ran it along the line on his muzzle. 

Stepping a few feet away her moved to a spinx position, relaxed and loose. His tail flopped behind him. Calida could stay or to, but he was going to enjoy and relax.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Last from me <3 They should spar again at some point!

Calida spent a few minutes at the water, cleaning the blood from herself. After a while though, she decided to just jump right in, and she went for a quick dip in the shallows. Leaving the water, she made sure she wasn't close to Reyson before she shook out her pelt, sending spinning droplets away from her, and everywhere.

Once done, she looked to Reyson. "We should spar again eventually. Give me a call whenever you're in the area?" She didn't get much travelling done, preferring to stay close to home. She'd smile, dip her head in farewell, and then be on her way.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.