Hideaway Strath When you told me I'm your princess
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 

For @Fury!

It was indeed true that Tsunari and Fury had not quite lit the most united flame upon first being introduced. Even while knowing this, she would not allow some silent dispute to prevent her goals from being met.
Warchief. The woman approached, announcing herself for the first time as a private, as her brother had so called it. She had caught onto these titles quickly and was eager to use them. In Haakasu, names did not exist. Each wolf was known to exist by the title they were dubbed. It seemed odd to strangers, but it benefited each within the clan and allowed a form of privacy. 
You are a brave one, While beginning with the tone of an insult, it was truly meant as a compliment. Tsunari would not correct the mistake, however. It is not often women take a stand and proclaim themselves a leader. We have something in common. You have your territory, your army, and your title. I will be there, in your prints... soon. There was no saying she "hoped to one day be there", or that "if fate was kind". She would be there. Only death would prevent the inevitable, and thus far, death had been far off her trail.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury had been filling a cache when Tsunari approached. 
Her initial tone made the Warqueen curl her lip slightly, but as the girl continued, she supposed the sentiment was one of...respect, perhaps?

The Warchief hmmed in response to Tsunari's final words. 
She didn't have much to say on the matter that would be beneficial to allow to light.
But, she could be civil...

"Women take a stand as their own authority more often than you may think. It was common in my homeland, and it may be common in others, for all we know. As for me, well...I've never made a good subordinate." She offered a wolfish grin as she said the last words, dangerous embers in her eyes despite the calmness of her tone. 

"Sometimes though, being a subordinate is a means to an end. It was for me, and I wager the same can be said for yourself." 
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"Women take a stand as their own authority more often than you may think. It was common in my homeland, and it may be common in others, for all we know."
Clearly, this woman had seen too few cultures. That, or she knew little of the many differences they held. Or perhaps it was simply that Tsunari had not seen enough of the world. These wilds were a distant travel and hold various distinctions from what traditions she was used to in the past. If it was so easy to say that women here had a say, could it be that she'd been living in the wrong part of the world this entire time?
Tsunari hummed, considering Fury's word with a sense of thoughtfulness. The samurai had always been a bitter, but sensible individual. Albeit, the white woman choose civility over disdain. My father... our father, She was hesitant, but abrupt with her correction, realizing that here she spoke over both herself and Arashi. ... he did not very easily entertain the idea of women being in positions of leadership, or combat in general for that matter. To him and others, we are tools simply meant to both create and fix the mistakes of men. Here, you may think bringing children to the world is a joyous occasion and meant to be celebrated. In our clan, nothing good comes of it. Whelps of the male sex are torn from their mother's teets and forced to train as a samurai once of a capable age. Of the females... well, they are usually sent to learn various tasks; some such like skinning pelts for the winter, or collecting for the medic's cache. The weaker ones are often slain. I was lucky to have such a defensive mother. She was the reason I was not drowned following my birth. A telltale for another time, if any at all. 
It is all a past I wish to put behind me, To continue on a brighter note, somewhat. My former clan, Haakasu had both male and female leadership attending. They were merciful enough to grant me entry, even at an adolescent age. I learned many things. But not enough. She needed to learn more. But leadership does not revolve around knowing how to forcibly make others bend to your will. Diplomacy is something I lack. As if the woman couldn't already tell. Tsunari had no way with words whatsoever. Ask her to patrol the borders: any infractions upon a stranger would begin with a display of tooth and claw, nothing less. She had control, but too much caution.
My sensei always scolded me for being so harsh of tongue. But it is the only way I have ever known. I've heard that an understanding of diplomacy can provide some added sensibility and control over situations that don't bid violence. Perhaps Fury would think her a fool for being so in something that seemed so simple. It sounded simple, yes; but was it really?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury would patiently listen as Tsunari told of her homeland, the father she and Arashi shared. 
A misogynist, it sounded like he was, their father.
The rest was noted as well, and then the mention of Diplomacy and harshness of tongue. 

The Warchief huffed softly with a light chuckle. 
"Diplomacy isn't my strong suit either. I have more than once been violent when I shouldn't have been, and made enemies because of those actions." She mused. 
Perhaps Tsunari and the Warqueen were not entirely so different...

"I myself grew up around violence, and the past of The Saints is itself centered around it. But for the time being at least, I seek to change that. For the sake of my children." She sighed deeply, looking away for a moment, 
"There is much history behind the name Saint in these wilds. History I wish I could erase...but, what's done is done." She returned her fiery gaze to Tsunari. 
Hopefully the young warrior would take these words to heart, and not repeat Fury's own mistakes.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

So; they were not so different. It surprised her — but then, it did not.
Fury clear knew much... much of what she did not. Perhaps coming here would be more use than expected.
Teach me. Blatantly darted words; blurted blindly. It wasn't so much a request, nor a command. The tone was simply indifferent towards the fine line between. You clearly know far more than I. Some day, I aspire to be far more than I am. A better samurai, like Arashi. A leader, like you. Many lessons have either found you or been taught to you by another. What better way to make the most use of them by passing them to another? Our history is what makes us live on and have purpose. This is way I see my future; my purpose.
With an expectant, uncanny beam, she watched Fury, curious of what the woman's response would be. 
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury was vaguely surprised when Tsunari said; 
Teach me. 
The Warchief listened patiently as the Samurai girl gave her reasoning.

It was after a considerable pause that the Warqueen would give a gentle, affirmative nod. 
"You wish to be my apprentice?" She confirmed, "Alright. I will teach you my ways."
It would be no easy task, for the both of them. Tsunari, after all, had much to learn. 

And Fury had much to offer in the ways of mentorship.
Health (100/100)
28 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Calling herself an "apprentice" would be nothing short of odd and almost insensible. Since childhood, she had been taught by the best to know everything. Who was to say whether Fury was an expert, or if she even knew enough to teach Tsunari what she desired to know? And yet, here she was taking a grand leap of faith. 
Regardless of her doubts, she was pleased that the white woman agreed in the first place. There had likely been hesitance, but nonetheless, she agreed.
I look forward to learning all you will teach me. She didn't yet know how she would feel about spending so much time with her brother's new wife, but she really did want to learn. There were times in life when sacrifices would have to be made. She began to wonder now if this one would be worth it.