Broken Boulder haven't seen you much of late
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
All Welcome 
@Reyson

For three day cycles he had hunted, slept and marked around the great rock. It was a sound place to call home, but the boy was a wanderer at heart and thus would not stay here much longer. 

Now that he had recovered from the journey to The Wilds he felt at ease, or at least as much as Sakina could feel so. The yearling was ready to explore his new surroundings, settling down was not even within his minds gaze. Twelve moons or less from now would be the time for that, when the canine females once again were slaves to their instincts. 

Sakina was but a child still, it was within his nature to take things recklessly. Nothing was serious, at least, that's what other yearlings may have felt. To him, the coming years would be dreaded. He did not want pups, or a family, or a pack. He simply wished to be Sakina. 

Bathing atop the great shattered rock, he gave a soft yawn, eyes slipping shut as he enjoyed the sun bearing down on his russet coat. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had not yet left the Snowforest Taiga. He had helped the she wolf Zahir find a meal. And now he was on the run again, heading home this time though. He was wandering more often, but he always went back to home base. Though he wondered at his homebase, since he was hardly there.

Reyson was moving along now. Giant paws tearing up the ground, nose to the wooded floor. He would lift his head to study the horizon and all his sides. Making sure none would attack him. Ministrations born of habit now.

On one such movement of his head, his gaze was ensnared by the tiny thing on the boulder. It was a russet color, silky ears, but it was so tiny. Reyson could have ended it immediately. Though that was not quite what he felt. Reyson had grown a penchant for tiny things after meeting the she wolf Echo. And it was with caution he approached.

He stayed far enough away to not startle the creature, but he took a moment to study it. It was not a wolf, it had makings of a coyote, but she or he was so tiny. He chuffed quietly.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
If it had not been for the man's sound of greeting, Sakina may have fallen asleep and not noticed the hulking figure at all. The wind was stale, he would not have picked up the predators scent. Truly, it would have only taken a shake from the big man and the yearlings life would be finished. 

The coydog was lucky today.

Quickly he raised his head, eyes widening ever so slightly in surprise until he fixed the intruder with a steely gaze. This time however it was a little harder to hide his fear, the man was twice the size of his mother's mate. Muscles ripped beneath a red coat. And yet, this one did not have the look of a barbarian such as the black-and-tan thing. This one seemed almost intelligent.

"How long did you stare, blueeyes?"

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson kept his distance, and his step. He didn't want to give the poor thing a heart attack, he was well aware of his figure and the way many took it to be. He was often thought of as dumb, due to his size, but beneath the icy blue of his eyes, beat a commanders mind.

The creature was probably frightened so Reyson didn't make any movements. Though a side of his muzzle turned up in a smirk at the snark that bled from the little creatures maw. It reminded him of Renaud.

Only as long as you.

He had seen the creature eyeing his chest and shoulders, granted it was to assess not stare, but he could be just as snarky if the occasion called for it. It had been sometime since a quip as thus had made him smile.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
So blueeyes wasn't just a brute, mindlessly bulldozing everything in his path. Interesting.

The coydog appreciated the distance, not being one for close contact. It meant he had less of chance of escaping if the bigger of the two decided he wanted a taste of canid blood. 

A smirk. Sakina felt his blood boil. Why was it that others were always so carefree? It could not just be size that gave confidence, surely. Or maybe it was. 

There was a roll of his eyes, before he raised to a stretch, fluffy tail arching. Standing now, he seemed even smaller than before, as he had been sprawled out. Yet, despite his size, he nimbly hopped off of the large boulder, landing without a sound on all four feet. 

"I do not stare, blueeyes. I think. Can I win if you attack? No." He was entirely truthful, he would not try to big himself up. "But you will not attack. I am sure of this." He wasn't. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson kept his place, though he was curious at the tiny creature. It was different than anything he had seen. A halves of two wholes.

Reyson was anything, but carefree, but the youthful dog beast, wouldn't know this. Reyson had seen more troubles than most and for that his mind was a burdened thing.

Reyson eyed the tiny thing as he hopped from the boulder, eyes on Reyson himself. He was a bit like a cat, landing on small, nimble paws. Their scent was even a strange one, and Reyson perked a notched ear forward.

Reyson studied the youth, taking in his careful body. The size of him, the build, nodded and then spoke. Actually it depending on how you utilized your size. Just because I am large, doesn't necessarily mean I would immediately win. If you could use your speed, and your size to your advantage, you could possibly outwit and win, perhaps not a wolf with my experience, but others, perhaps.

Reyson nodded. You are right. I will not.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Sakina listened intently. The large wolf had good advice, but some words struck him more than others. A wolf with my experience. 

His eyes were abruptly aflame as he stepped forward, maintaining strict eye contact. An idea had filled his cunning mind. 

The youth had arrived in The Wilds to leave his past behind. No more being the last one who ate, who was ruthlessly bullied by those who were bigger.

"Teach me." He demanded, but there was desperation in his voice. Sakina could by no means force this stranger, but if he had the experience he claimed he did, the coydog would be a fool to lose this opportunity.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson let loose one warning growl at the youth for keeping direct eye contact. First things first, you look me in the eye and i am going to take it as a challenge for dominance as is any wolf worth their salt.

Reyson's ears twitched at the youth's desperate plea and demand. Reyson studied him, again more so as a teacher, teaching a youngling. This coyote creature was tiny, thin, which meant speedy, could get under and around him. Wasn't certain about their bite force, but well it could work.

I will teach you. But you will not learn it all in one day. Do you wish to learn to aggress today or defend?
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
As soon as the deep rumble left the big man's throat Sakina had fled a safe distance away, large ears pinned. Things were different on the farm. He had to remember that. "It is a stupid custom. You look to pay attention, no? But as you say, I will not meet eyes with you again." 

All fear seemed to be forgotten as blueeyes spoke, two-toned eyes lighting up in the typical youthful excitement. Sakina realised it was the first time in his life he had felt so, and immediately hid the emotion as with all the others. 

"I will...aggress. What does this mean?" His mother had never been one to teach her children, some words were difficult for him to understand and pronounce. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled. It can be construed as such yes, but as we are wild animals. It makes sense. Once you know a wolf better, you may look them in the eye. Though keep your body neutral. He hadn't met to scare the youth.

He realized in an afterthought. I am Reyson by the way. The youth's excitement was paltable, though it was clear they were not comfortable with their emotions, of which Reyson could certainly understand. He himself hid his.

Aggressor is one who attacks, Defender is one who defends. So if you are fighting for your life and someone comes after you, you are defending. If you attack first, give the first blow or teeth snap, you are the aggressor.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
For a small time the boy was tense, eyeing blueeyes every move. Finally, he relaxed but only slightly. Reyson. 

"I will call you blueeyes. A name is given to someone you love, yes? And then they die, and you regret naming them at all." The youth settled back on his haunches, tail tucked over delicate paws. His ears were craned fully towards Reyson, and even though his eyes now did not meet the older man's, his attention was fully given to him.

Ah. So Sakina was a defender then. "I have never been aggressor. My mother's mate is very much so, he taught me to run and hide. I will NOT do so." His little paw even gave a tiny stamp, as if he were fighting with his mother's mate even now.  
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded his head. You can call me what you will. However, youngling, being that I have felt love. I do not regret naming my lover.

That was all he would say on the subject, to this day. He still would breath Renaud's name like a prayer in times of absolute chaos. Or when his heart was aching and brain needed rest, but the youth didn't need to know this. He would know one day, the feeling. Reyson did not fault them, their cynicism.

Reyson eyed them. Today then we will work on the skills you already built, and then another day if you should like I will teach you to aggress. Because you should know both. Especially, if you are to survive in a world such as this.

Reyson began to circle eyes daring all around, he continued to speak though, his voice even, calm. I will attack, though I will not harm, of this you have my word. However, I don't want you to run. I want you to defend. Cover your vital organs, throat, chest, sides. Look at my weaknesses. Assess

He would make sure the youth understood, before he moved forward with their training.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Sakina was not heartless. Although it did not show on his features, he was empathetic to blueeyes. He was wise beyond his years and he too knew the ache of losing a loved one. A lover, no. But a younger sister, innocent and pure. "Then you are a stronger man than me." His words were muted, a rare show of his emotions.

Fear threatened to overcome him as the red man began to circle, ears flat against his head and tail tucked. It took everything in him not to immediately submit, as he had been taught when faced with a fight. 

As Reyson came at him the fear was far too overwhelming for his little body to contain, and instead of doing as he was instructed he dropped to the floor in submission. A shrill, short scream left his lips, as if he were already expecting pain before it came. 

Once he realised the bigger canid hadn't taken him by the scruff and shook him, he sat up with an embarrassed flush to his cheeks, turning to lick his shoulder fur flat in an effort to soothe himself. "I will be better. Can we try again?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson knew too much at his age. Too much loss, too much pain. He had lost his parents, he had fought and maimed and won. He had loved and lost. A small ache had started in his chest, when he realized he was training this youth to possibly die. No, he refused to entertain that thought. This youth was not part of his former pack, he was not training a solder, he was training a youth to better survive. Reyson shook his head. A gentle smile on his ruddy face.

Sometimes little two tone. I feel a weak man.

A rare flare of anger lit up the innards of Reyson. Whomever, had been in charge of this youth had treated him abysmally. And it wrankled. Were he to find out whom that was, he would rip his throat out purely on principle. So Reyson backed off, ears foward waiting for the youngling to get control of their emotions.

Reyson watched with unusual gentle gaze. We can try as many times as you like.

He began to circle again, though this time he puposely made them wider and away from the youth. Ears forward, eyes on them. Normally he would growl to mimic, but he was fearful it would cause too much fright.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Blueeyes showed him kindness. Why, Sakina could not know. It was not how he had been raised to understand such things. The world was a cruel place, if you met a gentle soul you were to be suspicious. But something about the way the circles were wider this time, the way Reyson reassured him, was patient. 

This time, his head lowered and he began to mimic the way the older man moved, eyes roaming over his strong figure. The boys lips drew back over a snarl, sharp teeth bared as he snapped, almost daringly, at the red wolf. 

Come and get me, it said.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was patient, because in his former life though he had been a commander, strong, stalwart and ready for action. He had also been a teacher. As such he had trained each and every wolf under his comman except for Renaud, and Renaud had not been under his command. Renaud had been seperate.

Reyson was a beat to slow and felt the air off the bite. He grinned. Good, good. Now you are smaller, speedy. You will do well to get away from the movements, and you can slip into places others cannot.

Reyson raised a paw and swiped at the youth, but the youth's speed was on his side, and just as he had snapped, he had moved away from Reyson and he missed. A small rumble of approval lifted out of his chest.

Okay so Reyson rolled a 4 and since that last was a 1 from Sakina makes his HP 29/30 and Sakina's 26/30 even though the hit didn't get him. Dice rolls take away. :D Did I explain that correctly?
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
If Sakina had been in a thoughtful mind and not so weary from his travels he may have mused deeply about how natural teaching came to the older man. Instead the coydog was focused on learning well, he'd just have to muse later.

"Yes. My mother's mate would send me down warren's to flush out the prey." Not that he had ever been allowed to feast upon the rewards of his endeavours. 

The red wolf striked out at him, but he had already ducked away and darted under his outstretched paw into the opening blueeyes had left him, probably on purpose, and attempted to grasp his throat. If only he could prove he was worth the time, the effort. Maybe Reyson would take him with him, and he wouldn't be so alone. 

Sakina growled to himself, shaking the pathetic thoughts from his head. He did not want company. The boy was perfectly fine by himself. 

I think so? Sakina rolled a 9 so that means Reyson is on 20/30? Is that how it works?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson realized he had missed teaching the younglings. He had never liked to teach younger than 6 months old. They were easier to listen then, and learn. Were not as easily distracted, and this one was even older than that, so he had hope that this lesson would be a good one.

Reyson listened calmly. Even that will treat you well. Were you taught to sneak upon prey, then you can sneak upon larger wolves if need be and attack and run.

Reyson had entertained teh thought of taking the youth with him, but he hadn't said anything for fear it would be met with derision and irritation.

He was thrilled that the youth managed to grasp part of him. Though he moved this time, and the youth got a chunk of his shoulder, missing his throat by mere inches. He bent forwards and the same shoulder deeper into the youth's mouth, not enough to hurt, but enough to make him lose his touch, there was not much else he could do from his position.

Correct and Reyson rolled a 5. So that means Reyson 20/30 and Sakina 21/30
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Sparring like this, the boy found he actually enjoyed the activity. It was almost like the play he and his sister had enjoyed. Many moons had passed since then. There was no fear, no need for submission.

"Like this?" The coydog moved as if to show him but didn't get the chance as blueeyes shoved him off of the shoulder. Still, he was proud of his achievement.

A thought crossed his mind, if the red man were battling him for real then the yearling would probably be laying dead by now.

Once he regained his footing, deep snarl shaking his entire body he leapt forward to snap at the mountain of a man's tail, attempting to grasp it so that his attention would be turned to where he needed it.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson saw as the youth began to loose themselves, and actually not think as hard. He went with his instincts that was good, he was proving he was teachable. And he would excel at it.

Yes like that. Reyson's restrait was proving to tire him just a bit. This youth though unlearned as he was, was a quick learn and much faster than the scarred warrior.

The snarl that vibrated him made Reyson chuckle slightly. Though his chuckle turned into his own small snarl at the momentary grab of his tail. He turned to swat at the youth, but he was to small for Reyson to reach.

He would then attempt to shake him off, and use his paws to push him away and down. He didn't want to bull rush him, for fear that the youth would resort back to submission.

Reyson HP 18/30 Sakina 19/30 We both rolled 2's lol
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Sakina could sense that the older man was growing tired, he felt a surge of pride in himself and his abilities.

The coydog leapt away, now that he had taken a moment to calm he realised he was growing fatigued as well, chest heaving as he panted.

At the last second he managed to dodge away from the incoming paws, making a risky move. The boy attempted to scramble up the bigger wolves back and grasp a hold of his scruff, trying to give it a harsh shake. Maybe even enough to draw a little blood, the coyote seemed to have gotten himself lost in the action. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hp 8/30 and Sakina 18/30

Reyson had not been jesting when he had told the youthful coydog that he would be able to beat someone of his bulk if they thought things through and fought smarter not harder. He was however, briefly surprised that the youth had bested him all the best, though pleased all the same.

Tiny paws traipsed along his back and Reyson immediately hit the ground, and turned. He couldn't do much, but he could lay on his side whilst the youth bested him.

Well done, little two tone. I believe today's lesson is concluded. Reyson lay still now, side rising and falling with each breath, one blue eye staring at the coydog that was still astride him, waiting for him to move or not. He wasn't moving for a few minutes, that was for sure.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
For a short moment Sakina still held on, before stepping off of the bigger man with wide eyes. "I won?" His shocked expression immediately turned to one of absolute joy.

The coydog danced around blueeyes- Reyson, yapping with pure youthful pleasure. His fluffy tail wagged so fast it became a blur as be spun around, before suddenly coming to a halt.

Letting his fur lie flat, he cleared his throat, trying to act as if that silly behaviour had never happened. With careful steps he crawled forward on his stomach to nibble the knots he had made out of Reyson's scruff, little teeth worrying them out gently.
"Thank you, Re- blueeyes. Will we train again after some night cycles?" 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled at the youth's gobsmacked expression. And then the joy began and Reyson's laugh rang out, full bodied. He hadn't laughed in a while it felt good.

He then simply watched as the youth danced around in excitement, he moved ot his stomach and stretched his forelegs out, laying his head on his paws as he watched. Amusement on his maw.

The first nibble at his scruff had surprised him, but then he closed his eyes, a low noise of pleasure rumbling out form his chest. He was still a wolf, and he had allowed others to worry out the knots in his younger days.

You're welcome, two tone. We can. Do you have a place to stay?
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
The coydog thought to his makeshift den under the massive shattered rock, anxiety filling his expression. It was cold in that place, he missed his littermates warm fur nestled against his. 

But Reyson smelled like other canids. A pack, or his family. The thought of the giant wolf having a she-wolf and pups to return to made him strangely jealous, he nipped harder than he should have and moved away, tail lashing. 

"Yes." He lied, settling into a sitting position close by. Sakina knew the blue eyed wolf would be leaving soon, to return to whereever it was he stayed. The boy wanted to go with him, but he could not. The coydogs mood had suddenly turned sour, expression confused as he stared down at his paws.