Qeya River Weary
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
Trepidation. Shame. Anger. Sadness. Unsureity. They all beat and thundered benath her breast. A slight limp to her leg where her leader had grasped her, her breathing slighlt labored at the bruise from where the other had hit her.

She had no recognized Kigipigak or the other she wolf. Still didn't know who she was. She had only done what she had her thoughts on Void. The color hadn't mattered. Someone had crossed their border and she had reacted. Now she wore the pain of it.

She shook her head and went the fartheat away from where the two leaders normally were. Her paws tearing up the ground leaving marks. Her own water quenching the earth. Marking the borders, making them absolutely clear. It was a busy task, but easy enough her mind could wander.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
You hit hard! Tulukiri cajoles from further along the edge of the village.

She had followed the black-furred bitch to where she watched them be tended by a caretaker, with half a mind to do the same for her new wounds, but instead she chose not to. She was not yet convinced to stay within the village. What good would owing a debt do for her?

The woman was making water along the border, reinforcing them, when Tulukiri came upon her. The golden girl did not get close but she watched, and she sneered.

The way Kigipigak tells it, this village is one of hunters, not warriors. I think he lied. He could have brought you along! She spoke of his journey away from the village, to where Tulimaq kept his warband, as if it were common news.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia turned jade gaze to fawn she wolf. She dips her head, refusing to rise to the bait.

Thank you. You react swiftly.

Amalia didn't think she needed to apologize, but she wasn't entirely certain. This had been her first true taste of violence and it was bitter.

Amalia lifted her head further finally turning her entire body. We are hunters. But we can hold our own. I didn't know you and the Sangliuk was too far for me to recognize before it was too late..

Her voice was quiet, even. She didn't wish to start another fight and she had enough disappointment to swallow.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tulukiri knew they were swift, but to hear it spoken aloud bolstered some level of her ego. It fanned the flames of her self-possession by a smidge.

Next time it'll be you that gets cut first. You caught me by surprise, is all. The girl scoffed and turned to depart already, letting her pride control the lifting of her tail; she challenged Amalia with her posture rather than an outright call-to-arms, and wondered how the bitch might react.

She appeared defeated despite her clear success as a guardian, which Tulukiri found remarkable, in that it was odd and backwards from how she herself had been taught. Where was Amalia's pride? She had defended her home! That was the act of a true warrior.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was glad her words had brought some level of something to the rather bratty she wolf honestly.

Amalia stared at her, refusing to cowl. Her head was high. You shouldn't threaten the ones you are below. It is unbecoming.

Amalia moved swiftly forward a soft growl in her voice.

You are nothing but what you were made. And from where I'm standing your foolish and brash and it will get you and someone else killed. And heaven help you if it's one of my found family.

You think you're a warrior then act like one. Not a bratty child that didn't get their way.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
A braying laugh, almost a shriek, erupted from Tulukiri when she heard the way Amalia called her out. Rather than take the initiative and prove herself, she used words! Oh, she was no threat at all.

The shadow moved swiftly to where Tulukiri stood, a growl following her the whole way, and the golden girl was already facing-off against Amalia by the time they were together. She saw the way she favored certain steps over others, likely having become stiff after being put-down by her own superiors.

I don't think, I know. I've been to war. I've trained with Kigipigak himself, and with the likes of Tartok for my whole life! What was that about showing rather than telling? Tulukiri had fallen for the bait and only noticed after she'd tried to verbally counter.

Tsk, a smirk appears on her face. do you even know what you're saying? I'm just stating a fact. If you want another go, come on, lets go! The look darkened on her face a touch, and the fur along her spine began to bristle.

Of course, what would Kigipigak think of all this?
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia said nothing just raised a wolfish brow. Amalia didn't need to fight and she wouldn't not for some child. Who thought physical ways were only ways to end a fight.

Amalia turned up her nose. And yet you've learned nothing. Not everything can be won with teeth and claws.

It was Amalia's turn to chuckle. I will not lose my place and everything i fought for to prove something to someone who deserves nothing.
116 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
They had a difference of opinion and more fundamentally, a difference of life experiences. Tulukiri could not remember a moment where she could live without fighting, or doing things of a physical nature to earn the praise of others; to be shot down so flatly by Amalia would leave her confused but mostly annoyed, because -- well, to be blunt, how could Kigipigak have someone like that living in his own village?

The concept of losing one's place for fighting, of all things, was the most alien to Tulukiri. She balked at the idea and then laughed, but this time her laughter wasn't a shriek and she didn't do it to taunt; she was genuinely amused and bewildered.

I deserve nothing? Wow, you have me all figured out! Her prideful bearing remained. Instead of being forthright with her challenge now, Tulukiri backed down and let her tail whisk the air behind her. The bristle of her shoulders took some time to die-down.

Have fun pissing your day away, bitch. I've got better things to do. With that said, and feeling mighty fine about herself, Tulukiri made moves to depart in earnest. Maybe someone else around here has more spine than you; I know, I'll see if Kigipigak is free for more private lessons!

There was a swagger to her steps as she finally vanished among the trees, and a light trill of laughter which followed in the shadows.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia watched her go anxious and irritated, but mostly just sad for the girl and embarassed by her own behavior. She should have simply walked away.

She shook her head and moved away then back to her task eyes on the horizon mind in turmoil. If that was how Kigipigak wanted to fill the ranks. Perhaps this wasn't the pack she thought it was and it was time to move on.