The Heartwood If the Fires don't burn it down
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Big brown beast, scarred and heavy walked amongst the ashy trees. Soot, and mud to flow around his blunt paws, discoloring the white claws that he had. The medicine and cobwebs he had tugged from around his eye, the scar pink and ropy in the shadows as they drifted down to cover him in their embrace.

He blew a breath from his nostrils irritated and anxious. He had not asked for this. He had not signed up to hold the lives of other wolves in his paws. He had agreed to be a second in command and yes he knew what that had entailed. He knew that if his leader was gone, he would need to step up. What he wasn't expecting was for it to happen so suddenly and so quickly, amongst all the other changes in his life.

Slave Consort lifted his head, red eyes gleaming. He hadn't meant to take a mate and now here he had one, not that he was upset about it. It was just another change to his life that he wasn't quite used too.

Deep breath pulled into black nose, maw open wide, white teeth gleaming as he scented for any prey. He didn't know what decision to make, but he did know they needed to eat. He would see what he could find.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka again found herself seeking Dreven out, but kept her steps quiet and careful because she had no audible hints to where he was. Perhaps he was hunting, or wishing to set off on one. When his brutish figure was in her view she sighed once more. She figured he may have been overwhelmed with responsibility since the absence of the beast named Aludin, she'd only heard of, had transpired.

Atka was sure he could see her approach, her intent was to not to catch him off guard. She didn't speak, only dipping her head as she stared at him with gentle expression. After a moment of silence she felt the need to speak, but not because she was uncomfortable at the silence, she could sit quietly alongside him for hours.

❝Do you wish for company or to go over your thoughts alone?❞ Atka spoke quietly.

She would not be offended if he wished to reflect without the presence of others, it was something she needed at times as well.
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language. He could make a sailor blush

As if reading his thoughts she appeared like some sort of goddamn dream. As was always the way with Atka. Knowing intuitively what he needed before he did. He didn't understand this, whatever it was between them. But if he could love, he imagined he'd start with her. She did not ask him for anything, but him in all his absolute shit fueled glory. Scars, vipers tongue, and lust. Pretty much what made up his core.

He turned red eyed gaze towards her yellow eyes. Those eyes would be fine on pups, he imagined. Not so much his demon ones. He frowned for a moment lost in his thoughts of what he didn't know, before he turned back to her.

You can crash my party anytime, Snow.

He tilted his head, eyeing her up and down and gave her a shitfaced grin. The kind he only reserved for her, full bodied and open, ornery as hell.

I'll talk about it, if you promise to hunt with me after?
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
She'd at first felt short for breath under his grin, not necessarily a bad thing to her, but it always made her recall their first meetings, her expression transitioning to a smile. Then Atka exhaled a sigh, still graced with a smirk.

❝Of course.❞

She stepped closer, the air feeling light. Atka knew it would soon become heavy again, despite his playful edge on words he was troubled by something. His amorous words were common, but she had no complaints.

❝What's on your mind?❞ She sat beside him, lightly shouldering him as a prompt.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven liked to think on their first meeting fondly. She had been brave and scared but fought not to show it. It had risen her in his esteem and she was good hearted. He didn't deserve her he knew that, but he was gonna sure try to be good as he could to her.

Large brown limb snaked out and pulled her closer as he buried his head deep into her ruff.

From his position of scarred head in white fur he spoke.

I've never been responsible for anyone, but myself Atka. I agreed to be Harbinger knowing this may come. But not expecting it so soon.

He took a deep breath. And we aren't prepared for winter. We have limited caches, limited bodies, limitied dens.

thats a slight power play with him pulling her. I can change that if you like, no problems
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
no worries!

Atka exhaled a laugh as he pulled her closer. She didn't struggle, just leaned into him as he spoke. A frown replaced her smile as Dreven continued, he was right.

❝I know. That responsibility is a lot to carry, especially so soon, but I'll help in the ways I can.❞ Atka said, staring at the ground while she thought. ❝I don't see the issuing in seeking refuge with The Saints if things look grim here.❞

She closed her eyes and further rested on him as she went silent, thinking of more to say.

❝I think we could manage here, it's still concerning though.❞
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Her laugh was his favorite thing. If he was to die he would hope that her laughter would be the last thing he heard. That was all he would want.

He peered at her through red eyes. You didn't ask for it though either, Atka. You realize as mine you are entitled to leading just as well. You are as important as I am for now. Until or i suppose if Alduin comes back.

Dreven frowned It is and Khasni is very attached here and I understand I Like it myself. There are many hidden places even beneath the ground we could go to.

He shuddered once at the thought of being underground. He had hated it, but if it meant Atka's life he would do it again.

I am unsure what to do, Snow. I don't know how to lead.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
She hadn't realized. Yet Atka was unsure if The Forsaken themselves had met an end, did the pack still exist? What was Aludin's motive for starting this pack? Was rebuilding this pack on the list for moving forward? Her mind was racing with questions, but not ones she would ask Dreven, he was stressed enough. Atka was not exactly fond of the idea of residing underground, but it would work fine.

❝I suppose... we'll have to learn somehow.❞ Atka face winced at the word.

She didn't exactly consider herself as important as Dreven implied, but she didn't know how she felt picking up the remnants of Aludin's creation. How many even remained, was it just the three of them? Four including Heph? Atka again didn't know.

❝Or that responsibility may be lifted if we spent the winter with The Saints, but if we can support ourselves here, build a cache... I think we'll be alright here.❞
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Even Dreven was unsure if they should even keep such a moniker as the Forsaken. It fit them, yes at least he and Khasni and Alduin, but perhaps not Heph, not Atka. He wasn't even sure if they could rebuild. he had no idea where to even start. There were many things to consider. And they had no time.

Dreven looked down at her and spoke softly. Atka I don't like being underground. That was my punishment when i was a boy. The pits. There was many bad things in there. I do not fear anything but that.

He was showing her a rare glimpse into his head, vulnerable and slightly soft. More so than he had ever been. But she deserved to know. That he would be worthless underground.

Let me ask you snow. Like I did before. What do you want?
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka thought over what he said with furrowed brows. She'd only had a mere glimpse into his past, but she was sure what he described was only a fraction of the trauma he'd actually experienced. She didn't want him to relive any of it.

❝Well...❞ Atka trailed off, pausing and leaning into him before she continued.

❝For one I would rather not have you relive a dreadful part of your past. If you don't want to retreat to the darkness underground, we won't. Perhaps I don't understand the relevance of what lies here, to me, it's a mere burnt forest, but if its more than that to you... it is to me.❞

Parts of her sentence had hints of ardor to it that could have easily be mistaken for venom. Atka didn't care where they went, she was with who she cared about.

❝I have no complaints staying here. I'm fine with either route, but its clear one of them has more struggle than the other. Physically and emotionally.❞
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven wasn't sure if he would ever fully tell Atka what he had been through. He could certainly glimpse upon it. But how do you tell someone such as she, of the horrors and nightmares that walked in day or night. The bruises, the pain your body goes through until you grow used to ministrations done by others much larger and more developed than yourself. What of the different scars, the screams. There was so much. And that was just teh abuses suffered. What of the creatures that crawled and bit and nipped at night deep beneath the ground. The bugs that would crawl upon the warmer areas and make homes where they didn't need to make them. of creatures caught between eyes and ears.

He was brought back to reality as she leaned into him and he looked down upon her. The prettiest thing he'd ever seen. And he had seen a lot of pretty things.

Dreven sighed. I do not hold such love for it as Alduin and Khasni do. I could go wherever I wished and be fine with it. But Khasni will not handle leaving well. She leaves here and there are pockets of grand things here.

He moved a paw to trace on the ground, pressed harder into the dirt and scraped it back. A tiny tendril of green peaked out.

And life is returning. It does not mean we cannot hunt further, or have allies to hunt with.

I am going to set this before the meeting thread. So it is only backdated a few hours on the same day.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka glanced down as Dreven uncovered the life that fought to grow through the ash.

❝I suppose we can see what the others think.❞ She sighed and stepped away, bowing into a stretch before looking at him again.

❝I don't think Khasni will see it the same as we do.❞ Atka frowned, holding his gaze steadily.

❝How about that hunt?❞

She wasn't eager about losing further weight this winter, and sleeping on cold stone. Yet Atka would manage, if they were to stay here perhaps she could find company in Khasni as well. She didn't think the frigid little wolf would like hers though. Atka's tail lowly wagged, as if beckoning him to follow.

okay! also does that other thread (the meeting) have a posting order, or should I just go ahead and respond?
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven watched her through half-lidded eyes as she stretched and shifted. A different type of hunger burning deep within his innards, but he pressed it down. They needed to hunt. They needed caches.

Dreven chuckled. That saga will not see it as we do, and it will be a fight with her. No matter what we choose, but though she be savage, she is a good wolf to have in your corner.

Dreven stepped into position behind her. Lead on then, Snow.

Hunting sounded good to him. It had been his original plan to begin with and he would like to see how Atka hunted, he had never had the pleasure.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka wasn't looking forward to the conversation either. She glanced down and thought over his words for a moment before sighing and looking back up.

❝We'll see how she reacts I suppose... I don't know if there is much to hunt in this forest.❞ Calling it a forest was generous in her opinion, but she kept that to herself.

❝Think we should check out the meadows, or the woods west of here?❞ Atka figured there would be better hunting in those areas.

There wasn't much for creatures to graze on here, yet she still turned away again and took a few steps forward, tilting her nose upwards to try to catch wind of something.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
352 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven watched his Snow looked down and sigh. He could tell she didn't like this forest, and he briefly thought of saying screw it all and just leaving with her. But then something clenched in his chest, only because one he knew he couldn't leave those behind, and two. Alduin would not take the slight lightly and would possibly hunt them down. And the things that he could do to his Atka. Well that was not even worth thinking about, because it was awful.

Sure, caught a pronghorn for some little dog beast in the meadows once. Strange little thing.

he frowned in thought as his mind went to the femme he had accosted at the pack border to, Minne, but she had been fleeting, and he hadn't though on her since.

You want to end this one and start a new one?
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
Atka picked up on his frown. She didn't like that look on his face, she always tried to make him smile. Nonetheless she ignored it, preferring to just lighten the mood in her own way.

❝Meadow it is.❞ She smiled, tail still lowly waving.

sounds good to me!