Stone Circle We went over to France and we woke up in Japan
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
He clutched a measly rabbit’s leg as he made his way from Mereo to Kvarsheim. Atreus couldn’t remember where on earth he’d heard it but he remembered that a rabbit’s foot was considered lucky. Therefore, this little gift would not only provide @Inkeri with a snack but a good luck charm. He just hoped she would accept it and his apology for being so damn tardy.

When he approached the borders this time, he set down his gift, tried to calm the pounding of his heart and sent up a wavering call for his crush. That’s what this must mean, these mixed feelings of excitement and panic. What a fitting word too; he felt a little like his insides were being crushed by the weight of his extraordinary desire and desperate fear.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
why is he so damn cute i love him

Keri had been sitting quietly as they day moved forward. Silence was something she had always favored. It meant that no one was screaming or berating her and she could just exist. So when a howl rang out for her,she was startled.

At first there was no recognition as she galloped through wolves she'd met. Then it clicked and she smiled and trotted towards the borders. Her plume waved behind her as mixmatched paws took up the ground.

Aquamarine eyes met his gaze and traced his face. Small nose twitch at scent of blood.

Hello Scout!
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
The sight of her face frayed and soothed his nerves in equal measure. There was no slowing the gallop of his heart as she closed the distance and called him by (the wrong) name. Atreus felt like he wanted to bolt but something kept his feet planted squarely where he stood.

Inkeri, hey, he said a little weakly, hoping she didn’t reach out and touch him, else he might spontaneously combust on the spot. I’m sorry I didn’t come back right away. I had to report to the Imperator. I brought you this, he continued, babbling now. I thought you could eat the meat and save the foot, it’s for good luck.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He had only given her one name. It didn't fit him, but she was not one to complain of a name someones mother gave them. It seemed insufferably rude. Though a small dark psrt of her wondered why the young mans mother would give him such a name that fit like a too small skin.

She listened. He had to report to the imperator. His alpha. Report what? What she had told him of Kvarsheim, of riverclan of swift current?

It's okay. Okay. she smiled brightly as she moved forward. Delicate paws and muzzle brushing his as she pulled the rabbit hainch towards her. It was small,but would fill a belly nicely.

Good luck? I've not heard this before. About rabbits.

a sparkling smile titled along her jawline as she studied the rabbits foot. Not the item itself but the gift she was given.
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Yeah, I don’t know where I heard it, Atreus admitted before quickly saying, You don’t have to keep it if you don’t want to.

He swallowed, still trying to regulate his breathing. She was so pretty, it entranced him. Inkeri’s pale fur looked soft as snow and he itched to reach out and brush his paw against it. But much as he wanted it, he internally recoiled at the very thought and shrank back half a step, as if afraid he might do it despite himself.

Setting both forefeet firmly on the ground, he steadied himself and asked, Would you still like to go to the lake sometime?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She looked at him sharply and then back down to the rabbit haunch and her paws tightened on it as if he would take it away. She shook her head and pulled it closer.

No i like your gift to me. Me.

She studied his body language and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Though her smile lit up at his question and she nodded.

Yes i do. Do. Is it a far walk? Do you like it there?
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She snatched at the gift, startling the spooked adolescent. But Atreus quickly realized she meant to keep it as she declared she liked his gift. His heart fluttered painfully in his breast.

It’s pretty far from here, yeah. We’ll have to go up and over the mountains. If today won’t work, we can plan to go another day. Maybe you could come visit Mereo and then we can go together from there?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She hadn't meant to startle, but the thought of him taking away what he'd given. It bothered her and she didn't want him too.

I can go whenever. How do i get to Mereo? Mereo?

A slight wince at repetition, but compared to her first arrival in these wilds it was much better.

Your Imperator will not be upset that you will take me or if i arrive?Arrive.
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Inkeri wondered how to get to Mereo, then expressed concern about showing up at the borders if she wasn’t entirely sure of their location. Atreus pondered for a few seconds before making a decision.

Let’s go today then? I can point out the canyon on the way, so you can visit sometime. Er, he bumbled, if that sounds good to you?

Why did his ears feel so hot? His neck was warm too. He unstuck one paw from the ground and rubbed at the back of it, hoping he wasn’t being pushy about going today. And would she even want to visit him at Mereo later?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Keri simply didnt want to get him in trouble. Some leaders were a little strange about non pack wolves.

Ink and paper plume wagged and she nodded. okay. One moment. Moment.

She grasped the rabbit haunch and slid near a tree to bury it. Making sure to separate the footpaw from it for hwr luck and placing it elsewhere.

Then she was back at his side with a smile and a small nudge.
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
His head cocked when Inkeri said she needed a moment. Atreus’s eyes followed her as she dug a hole, burying his gift like treasure. His heart smiled, his skin flushing even hotter.

She rejoined him a moment later. Atreus didn’t see the nudge coming. One minute she was standing so close, he could scarcely breathe. Her scent enveloped him, sweetly enchanting. And in the next moment, her cool nose pressed ever so lightly against his shoulder blade.

He hated and loved it all at once. He stood there stupidly, emotions yining and yanging. Atreus felt like he was teetering on some great precipice. He was going to fall one way or the other. But what side would he fall on?

FUCK IT, he thought loudly, turning to meet her eyes for only half a heartbeat before he did the same thing to her. As his nose pressed into Inkeri’s shoulder, he inhaled. She smelled even lovelier up close.

He lingered for less than two seconds before pulling away. Suddenly feeling full of beans, Atreus let out a happy bark and sprang ahead, glancing backward to make sure Inkeri was right behind him as he led the way on this twofold adventure.

I’m gonna make a followup thread placed at the lake; I’ll tag you!