Stone Circle I’ll be on the street somewhere
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
He wasn’t entirely sure what he was doing here or what he might say, though Atreus found he didn’t want to leave the area without some closure with @Inkeri. With a dry mouth and thumping heart, he approached Stone Circle. It took him a few moments to collect himself and call for her. His heart still beat hard against his ribs as he resolutely took a seat to await her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri heard the call and headed towards the sound. She was unsure what to make of it. Atreus had been a little strange at last meeting and she didn't blame him. She could understand. But she was unsure how this meeting would go, but she went to meet him in good faith. A smile on her face, her tail wagging.

Hello Atreus. Atreus. She called out.
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She came quickly, a smile on her pretty face. Atreus drew in a deep breath to steady himself, rising onto all fours. Her tail wagged and he mindlessly mirrored the motion before catching himself. His tail stilled and drooped. His brow furrowed as he looked down and away.

Hi, Ink, he said quietly. I came here to tell you…

He paused to collect his thoughts. Specifically, Atreus reflected on what Amalia had said to him. He needed to be honest with Inkeri, though it was so hard to find the right words. In the end, he just started talking so he wouldn’t keep stupidly standing there, wasting her time.

I wanted to tell you that I can’t—I can’t be there for you the way you need. The way I wish I could be. I just don’t know how. He paused, inhaled, exhaled. And I’m not staying in Mereo anymore. I don’t know where I’m going yet but I didn’t want to just disappear without saying I’m sorry… and goodbye.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
317 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He seemed pleased to see her, at first. But then slowly the wag faded and his brow furrowed. She felt her heart tighten and catch, and she quickly schooled her expression so he wouldn't see the brief confusion and hurt. He was already hurting enough clearly she didn't need to add to it.

She listened without saying anything. She tilted her head. Unsure what to say at first. So she thought about it. Then she nodded her head.

That's okay. Okay. She smiled at him with gentle eyes. I understand. Understand.

I will see you again sometime. Sometime. Maybe. Maybe.
Common
Norwegian

451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
She didn’t reply right away. Atreus felt the tension building, along with a peculiar urge to fill this awkward silence. Before he could think of what inane thing to say, Inkeri finally spoke, telling him she understood. She said they might see one another someday.

He knew he should’ve acknowledged her words, perhaps offered a parting smile, then left. But Atreus found his gut churning with guilt over her easy understanding. He didn’t deserve this grace from her. For a moment, he felt rooted in place, desperate to tell Inkeri he knew he was an undeserving little punk.

He considered Amalia’s words again, then decided not to make the situation any worse by trying to—what?—strong-arm Inkeri into loathing him? Atreus’s ears flattened. In fact, his entire body wilted.

Maybe, he repeated, maybe…

And then, before he could do or say anything foolish, he raised his head from its bow, caught her pretty eyes a final time, then turned. Atreus marched away without looking back, feeling like a bigger asshole than ever, but intuiting that one day he would realize this had gone as well as it could’ve.