Neverwinter Forest no star above will shine as bright as me
6 Posts
Ooc — Forest
Private 
Backdated to July 12th. I am so slow, sorry!

The would-be king raised her nose from the earth, having followed it to Neverwinter Forest at last. These woods were thick with promise; Eshe was right to come here first, though it troubled Moy that she hadn’t caught a whiff, chuff, or pawprint of her siblings yet. If she’d known it would be this hard to find the others, she’d never have left Cethleann’s side.

Moy took a deep breath and pressed her toes into the pine needles that covered the forest floor. She was hesitant to howl again; a small, immature part of her wanted to impress her older sister with her tracking skills first. More sensibly, Eshe could be fast asleep or busy hunting, and Moy didn’t want to interrupt her.

Though it was mostly the first reason.

It wasn’t long before Moy was forced to acknowledge that wherever her siblings had gathered, it wasn’t this part of the forest. She leaned against a steady, old evergreen and licked her lips. If she couldn’t find Eshe, maybe Eshe could find her.

Moy tipped her head back and howled into the canopy: I’m here, but I can’t find you!
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Now that Eshe had been surrounded by evergreens for a few days, she’d begun to look at the tree’s trunks with more interest. Although she had know about the sap that oozed from the bark, she had never considered if there were any uses for the material. It was sticky, and she wondered if it could be used like a paste for wounds; she’d have to try it the next time she had a cut or scrape.

She was studying the tree when a familiar voice rose from a different section of the woods—it was Moy! Her heart leapt at the realization, and she eagerly responded to the call: ”I’m coming!”

She raced through the forest, sending pine needles every which way in her wake. When she spotted her sister, she barked excitedly.

”Moy!” she cried, leaping to pull her younger sibling into a hug.