Silverlight Terrace Everything the Light touches
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
All Welcome 
[Image: abstract-close-up-of-rock-strata-taken-a...-MC2-W.jpg]

The spirit of the Moon tribes had gone quiet. The laughter, the play, the hunt and busy work near the ulaq's faded away. 

It was the cries of newborn babes which sounded the night. Only the comfort of warm milk and warm fur to made sooth them. It was the mournful howls of the death songs, which flowed from salted breeze and echoed off mountain rock. 
Aiolos remained in the family den. One which was made a sanctuary for generation after generation of children. Now grown. Now parents themselves. Now walked among the gods. He did not leave. 
Arrluk did not disturb him. Instead of seeking comfort within the arms of his brothers or Ajei, Arrluk struck out into the parts of lands unknown, reluctant now to return home, to face the reality of it in the eyes of his mother and father. 
Arrluk had come to the plateu to see the ocean for the first time, with pack and family all around. In less then a week's time, his sister had both given birth and had died from it. His first journey to another tribe had been both incredible and terrible.

Samani- a sister he barely knew, yet loved all the same. Arrluk's throat tightened for those who knew her well. Who called her friend, leader, mate... 
Arrluk continues on as though the more he walked forward the easier it would be to move forward, figuratively.

The terrace was an all new place for him like just about everywhere was in his youth. The vast mountain chain of Moonspear in this area came tapering down into the deeply green, rich land of rolling plain. The rock face striped in color in ways he had never quite seen before. Nightfall cast silver light everywhere the moon's light could touch. Beauty still thrived, even in such hours of darkness. 
[Image: 7nCi.gif]
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
i couldn't resist and he needs to post anyway. I hope thats okay? 

Alaric moved through the moonspear quiet. His impish ways quiet, though they still burned. But even he knew when to behave. There was a heavy shroud of sadness.  And there should be, for it was always worse when it was a child or a mother. Innocence and love incarnate or supposed to be. And 8n this case were.

He had pushed past the border, green eyes lit with the light of the day. He hummed a quiet melody a song of loss. But aongs were where he found solace.

He traveled towards the terrace from a place of difficulty, because as always what was life without a challenge. And his gaze came upon a young man colored in shadow and light.

He quieted his song and chuffed before he landed in front of the boy.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Of course it is!

There was a shadow which scaled the lower foothills of the mountain, atop the striped rock which looked as though it had been sliced into a clean, smooth surface. The shadow wolf hummed a song to himself. It was eerie in this dark silence, as the silver moon glowed over the green of the field, on the green of his eyes...  

Arrluk paused as the man's song was silenced and he jumps down onto the ground and draws into Arrluk's direction. Arrluk's body tensed, regarding the other wolf with a weary eye. He did not growl or raise his hackles in alarm. Instead, holding his ground yet watching him carefully. 

For a lingering moment, Arrluk wondered if this was one of the evil spirits his mother had spoken of. Death was among the Moon wolves and while Samani and her daughter made the path to Sedna, sometimes the otherworldly gates slipped out unwanted guests.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The boy tensed quickly and Alaric quit approaching. He smelled of Moonwoman and Moonglow. So he was a crop of the  newest. He knew there were some of Moonwomans and some others had babes.

Alaric dipp3d his head. I'm Alaric of Moonspear. You sre from moonglow?

Thr boy smelled like it, but it never hurt to ask. The man would have probably laughed had he been privy to the thought he was a dark creature. Perhaps though given his life before he was in a way. You didn't go through what he did and not have been some shadow touched.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The man stopped when he noticed the weariness in Arrluk's stance and the questioning in his face. Good. It let Arrluk know that he wasnt in fact here to cause any trouble. Maybe he wasn't an evil spirit, either, yet Arrluk had every intention of keeping on his toes until more of this man was revealed to him. 

The man dipped his head and Arrluk tipped his snowy chin down and back up in turn. I am. I'm Arrluk, son of Moonwoman and Sunman. He introduced. With how much the Moon packs visited one another and mingled, there was a chance this Alaric knew of his parents, but maybe not. 

My sister leads Moonspear... He murmurs, turning his gaze from the man and up to the mountain rising up behind him. I've not yet visited... But he was obviously young and his traveling miles were still ahead of him.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric settled to his haunches. He wouldn't go nearer to the boy. Felt perhaps distance was best. He didn't seem one who liked close proximity, at least not to strangers.

Alaric smiled. I know moonwoman and some of her children. I don't know Sun Man though I have heard of him. I am son of Maddox and Vivera brother to Amalia and Austria. Healer, bard, trader and storyteller. a small light in his eyes.

Alaric made a soft mm sound. Well it is a bit of a strenuous trip. I only know of a few of the pups who have came to the spear so far. Frolic, Ajei and I saw a white boy climbing, but he gave up. Seal and Orca of course leave every now and then to come down.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The black wolf settled, green eyes watching. Arrluk relaxed some. The distance was good just as much was the distraction of light conversation. Arrluk was a reserved and quiet fellow, but this did not mean he did not enjoy the companionship of others. 

It did not surprise him that he knew Kukutux, yet not Aiolos. He was a distant protector in the backdrop. A firm paw when needed and mother's rock. It was where Arrluk was beginning to gain many of his own traits. 

Alaric threw at the boy a number of names, all kin to him, but none which Arrluk recalled. Then again, he had not gotten out much until recently. Until fate seemed to have forced his paw. 

A man of many trades. He says with a small smile. I've been practicing fishing, like my dad... I want to be a guardian too. He fills in, thinking of his father all the while. 

I know Ajei! His tail waves behind him at her name without realizing. There was a possibility that the white boy trying to climb the Spear may have been Kassuq too. He wasn't sure about Frolic, but remembered both Seal and Orca from the big story telling/pup meeting in the fields. Orca looked so similar to himself, they could have been twins. Maybe they were destined to know one another by some weird magical or spiritual element, like the things @Kukutux spoke of. 

The mountains around Moonglow aren't anywhere near as big and I havent even gone up high there. I think when I visit Moonspear, I'll stick to the foothills for awhile. He said with a sheepish smile. He was far too young to having the skill set for the towering cliffs and winding pathways, but he would stick to the smaller hills and forests. Arrluk was more of a forest and water wolf anyway. 

How long have you lived there? What's it like?
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric was careful not to be frightening to the boy. He was close to man age, but not yet and Alaric would not be the reason for any issue or fear. 

Alaric had never been in Moonglow, but once. It had been to meet the moonwoman, and that was all. He may have met another, but he couldn't remember who he had all met anymore that belonged to the moon packs. 

Alaric listened. 

Both very good trades. Respectable and helpful. Will be good to help your packmates. I enjoy fishing. You must meet my sister, she loves fishing. But she is resides in Brecheliant.

Alaric smiled at the boys happiness at the mention of the she pup. Alaric could understand his wariness for the mountains. He imagined most were like that, he just wasn't. There was something a little different that beat in the spirit of the story teller. He loved the mountains and the climb.

I have been here since Spring. It is quiet, spiritual. There are many stories upon it's land it feels like. And of course your sister is a very good leader.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
He enjoyed fishing too, as well as his sister. Brecheliant... He puts the name of this pack to memory. They were allies of Moonglow, but not something the boy was aware of. Where is that? 

He then listens as he speaks of his time in the mountains, having enjoyed it so far. She probably gets it from our mom. He says with a little smile at the mentioning of his eldest sister. 

Many of the women of the Nuiruk family had come to make villages of their own- Sialuk, Samani, Vaire. They were all respected women, revered for their wisdom and strength. As far as Arrluk was aware, he only had three older brothers, all which were gone now (well, there was the one that seemed to have come back from the dead) having likely settled far and wide. 

There was a pack that had lived here for a very long time. A very powerful one. Sialuk returned life to it after what happened. I'm sure it's history stretches far. He comments when Alaric spoke of the stories of Moonspear. He was a bard and storyteller, maybe he knew of some to share.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric had to gauge his position so tilting his head he looked to the stars and then around and finally he settled on a rough area of pointing towards Brecheliant. Muzzle forward he pushed it towards the way he knew Brecheliant lied. 

That way. They are small, but familial. Amalia likes it. She roams, but she is really a homebody, even if she doesn't always say so.

Alaric chuckled. You are lucky to have the mother that you do, but perhaps all mothers are near about saints. My own mother is pretty great too. She is a story teller and a healer, but also extremely free spirited and stubborn as the day is long.

Alaric looked around and gave a soft nod. Breathing in for a moment and exhaling.  There were many stories here some that could be told, some that would need to be sussed out. And they all had the makings of something great, even if you made your own. The bones of the land was good. Grand even. 

I have not had a chance to ask about the history of this place. I mostly tell stories of my own making or that I have heard in passing, but sometimes when the wind blows through the treetops I hear the past calling. And on very rare occasions if you listen to nature around you. It can tell you much of who walked here. Every footstep remembered, those that died or were born on soil. The way the river moves and bends it often talks to you. It laughs and it chitters, shares with you the happiness of children that once played in it.

Alaric clear his throat and looked around. But you needn't listen to a romantic spewing on about what the land can tell you. I'm a fair believer, that you very much already know.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Instinctively, Arrluk turns his head into the direction which the dark wolf jut his muzzle at, listening as Alaric as he talks of the pack. Maybe one day Arrluk would visit but, honestly, it was unlikely unless he had any particular reason too. 

Then, he spoke of Arrluk's luck. Of his mother. Then he talked about his own mother in the same happy light. I really am... Lucky, that was. Many pups didn't have the luxury or having two active parents in their lives. Both which were so in tune with their roles as mother and father to all their pups. If only Arrluk knew how many fathers had walked out on their pups, how his own father had stepped up when others failed... If he knew his own father's unbringing... Arrluk was very lucky indeed. 

A story teller and healer, hu? He said with a smile and quirked brow. Just like anaa. 

Then, Arrluk settled back, content to let the older wolf carry the conversation. Arrluk's ears remained erect, focused, as green & blue eyes watched him. He spoke of listening to the land, the feeling of the soil between your toes, the rush of the water calling to you and the wind whispering tales of the past. 

Yes. He said it turn, when the other said that he likely already knew. His mother had taught him to be very observant, to listen to the spirits in the wind and earth's calling. I like to listen... He muses allowed. Do you know any stories of the sea?
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
So i'm going ot spin this one of my own imagination. I apologize ahead of time if it isn't great.

The youth looked towards him with two tone eyes and shadow fur. 

Alaric laughed and nodded. Yes I also sing often. And I like a bit of dangerous fun. Leaping from rock to rock, sliding down the mountain. So I suppose I am an unsuual fellow.

Alaric heard his question and hummed quietly. I know a few. Let me think.

He closed his eyes and thought on it and then he opened them with a smile. This one is a bit sad, but listen close. There once was a wolf born of sea and sand. Beautiful beyond all others, but he was like the sea when she is angry.  Hard and wild. But there was a wolf that loved him beyond all compare. A beautiful wolf of the forest and loam. Plain and quiet, but sweet and kind. He did not see her for what she was.

Alaric moved then his body into position. Showing a wolf of proud bearing with cruelty in his eyes. and another sweet and humble, who bowed and cowled in the presence. He moved as if of the sea and forest.

There came a moment when the seaborn's father decided he must be married and he would marry whomever could get something the boy wanted above else. Well the seaborn knew well what he would ask for. A clam with pearls deep within the sea, for who could bear the sea as she could be. Just as she was often kind and calm, moving slowly with the tide, she could also froth and growl and grow large with her anger. many wolves came and many tried, but none could dive deep enough or hard enough to gather what he wanted. Then the she wolf came. The wolf of forest and loam, with eyes as green as grass and fur as brown as the fallen leaves that fell in autumn. Her love for him damning.

He knew she would never succeed and though he enjoyed her attentions. The way she loved him, he felt he could not marry such a sweet natured wolf. She was not for him, but a fire beat in her. A determination he had not thought about.

he moved about showing a cruelty in his face and the way he motioned as if showing wolves what he wanted. Then he showed himself smaller, quiet a gentle look on his face.

She was the last one to try. And she dove again and again. The ocean growing angrier and angrier with each delve. But she was undeterred. The seaborn's father begged her to stop, but she continued while he himself stood and watched with both surprise and slowly a new feeling arose deep within his breast. Of what he assumed to be guilt. The sweet wolf hadn't deserved his haughty behavior and his demands. And he did not deserve her, but he could no more stop her now as nature was now in her wildness furious.

Alaric jumped around as if tossed by the sea and wind. Fear but determination in his face. Finally she dove down, down, and did not surface. They all thought for sure she would not come back up, but she did. A clam clamped tightly in her tiny maw. She swam against the shore, but the sea she tossed the forestwolf like a playtoy. Back and forth, but she continued. Upon reaching the seaborn, she lay the clam at his paws and lay there too. Her eyes growing glazed. The clam was opened, a large pearl so beautiful in it's paleness it shown like the moon, but it was at a great loss. And the seaborn realized he had what he wanted all along and he decided as the one who had loved him more than any other lay cold, her spirit going to the dancing lights. That he would be good.

Alaric smiled sadly. A lesson in restraint and that you should not take for granted those you love so much.

OOf not my best
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
I enjoyed it and so did Arrluk!

A man of excitement and thrill, as well as singing and storytelling. Arrluk imagined if this man enjoyed an adventure, then he would have many stories to tell. Arrluk had never imagined himself the type to leave home and go on long adventures, but he would come to learn he liked to listen to them all the same and did so with Alaric now. 

Arrluk settled, reclining into a lay as his eyes set to the dark black wolf before him. He spoke of two wolves- one born of the sea and one born of the forest. Arrluk's thoughts turned to @Ajei as he described her. 

Alaric even moved his body with the tale, as though to help Arrluk to picture it. Kukutux had done the same when telling her stories and now Arrluk could see the similarities in which the storytellers held. 

The man required a hard bride price to collect- well, in this story, a groom price, it seemed. Alaric thrashed about, his feet sliding over the rocky earth back and forth, showing the way in which the earth girl was battered about the ocean as she strived to obtain the seaborn's price. 

And she did. And she settled the groom price at the man's feet, whom she so loved. And he, who enjoyed her yet did not think she was meant for him until it was too late. She had died in order to give him what he wanted. 

Arrluk frowned, his ears folding back against his skull. Alaric said Dancing Lights and realized how his views must be similar to his own family. And it was quaint that the mortal of the story was to not take for granted those you loved- for Arrluk now strived to not ever do this, given that he felt he had done so with Samani's death and not having the chance to know her well enough before her passing. Now he never would. 

This is a good story and a very wise tale. Like those my mother tells. He says, smiling softly then and his tail brushing back and forth along the ground. I will remember it's lesson well. Thank you, Alaric.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm glad

Alaric had many stories and he hoarded them as if he were dragon. A part of him was fearful that in the future as he aged he would begin to forget, but so far his mind stood sharp and honed.

The boy was a captive audience and so Alaric did his best. It was alwaysmote enjoyable when the aidience listened well.

Alaric didn't know what religion or culture he believed in, but as a trader it was his job to know what those he traded with were and thus he had added Sialuk and Kukutux's beliefs in catering it to thr boy in front of him.

Alaric dipped his head. You're most welcome.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Sorry for the wait! I'm going to be wrapping up all Arrluk's old threads and starting fresh!

Arrluk lifted from his placement then. His tail low and relaxed behind him, waving back and forth at his hocks lightly. This man had made Arrluk weary at first, yet in this time they shared, he had ended up enjoying Alaric's company. 

I should get going... The young wolf gently murmured. Until we meet again. Arrluk dips his muzzle and begins continuing on his path.