Serpent Lake do I speak my truth
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Private 
Sayf followed the river the ran from the lake between here and the mesa. The water flowed in the opposite direction he traveled, full from a recent storm. He carefully scoured the rocks and trees that resided near the water. The fellahin was looking for moss to bring back to the outpost and add to the medicinal plants. 

He'd found a violet flower too and had eagerly picked it. Soon everything would be cold and dead. Searching for plants reminded him of his mistress and his heart ached. He hoped, wherever she was, she had someone like him to help her and make sure she had what she needed. Not that she necessarily needed it, but he still wished for it all the same. 

Sayf sighed wistfully and continued his search, eager for any distraction.

Loner
burying them there while we carry on.
317 Posts
Ooc —
a scent prevailed on the wind; an old friend.

qiao ushered the pup to a copse where he would be hidden. then she turned to an open plain near a glittering lake -- here sayf's scent coalesced.

he was holding a violent flower, its petals fringed in brilliant purple. who is that for? qiao called dryly, a sparkle of bemusement in her gaze. had he replaced her so quickly?
[Image: OTLS5SY.png]
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
For a moment, he thought he was seeing things. Hallucinating. Maybe the flower was poisonous? Sayf stared for a few moments, waiting for the vision to end but it never did. She was actually here. The fellahin smiled around the flower and closed the distance between him and his mistress. 

He bowed and placed the flower at her paws. No, never. he promised. I wasn't sure who it belonged to, but now I know it was for you.

Have you decided to return to Akashingo? He asked hopefully, though deep down he knew the answer.