Moonglow
Theta
17 Posts
Ooc — Faele
Joining 
Morning came softly.

She was a long way from home.
A long way mama and papa.

The steps of many others covered the prints of her own. She could see them now. Her fur was all poofy and fluffy from the winter chill rising it out of her. She was stopped at a border, her head tucked close to her neck and her paw sheepishly moving.

Liffey's daughter waited patiently and quietly, whispering out to the people beyond the border, even if she saw none. Perhaps she thought they would whisper back and appear. A mouse. "Hello?"
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
Shikoba did not sleep tonight. Recently she had been dealing with her nightmares, and even the presence of her husband in her sleeping place did little to rest her troubled mind. She told him she only wanted to take a walk, to clear, to process, to distract.

She hadn’t expected it turn into border patrol, but perhaps that came with the price of it all, with her title and all. She could see the politeness that emanated from the girl’s body, and the older woman approached with a stiff trot, fur jostling about until she finally comes to stand before the girl, too tired to put on the tough facade.

Sulfuric eyes look upon her kindly. “You are on the borders of Moonglow. What is it you seek?” Her tone is kind, kinder than those she has greeted in the past. This girl looks to be young, polite, quiet. She watches and listens patiently for an answer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moonglow
Theta
17 Posts
Ooc — Faele
A quiet gasp left her mouth, and whatever paw she had just a bit too close to the border, she swept it under her belly. A beautiful woman bloomed in her sight. With scary scars across a face so intricate with sun-born colors. Skylight cheeks, and summer eyes.

When Faele spoke next, it was a touch louder than her last hush! She was sure she had accidentally screamed at the woman. "H-h," and nothing came out. She smiled and she found her ears growing warm.

But with patience, it came out. "Hello, miss. My name is Faele Frostfur. My mothers name," she felt sheepish, sheepish, sheepish, and grew a touch quieter before she picked her volume back up again. This woman made her feel so small with all of her experiences so vibrant, and yet there was a comfort there, because she did not seem cruel or savage. She was very thankful in her heart. "is Liffey Frostfur. I have come from very far. She told me she used to live in these lands a very, very long time ago. I wanted to learn of your people, and to see if you may have a space for me." 
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she listens, her old ears straining to perhaps pick up the delicate notes of her voice. the way this girl spoke reminded her of ajei, tenderly so. perhaps in shikoba's heart of hearts, she would hope her daughter could come to find this frostfur. but, she pushes away selfish and idle thoughts, the guardian still within her role. "this is the land of moonglow," she would offer with a sweep of her muzzle the area around them, "i am shikoba, its star hunter." there's a polite dip of her head in a formal greeting before she decides to answer the questions asked.

"we have space," she says warmly, "this home is of the sunshine people, and our moon woman is the head of this village, beside her sun man." her eyes soften upon faele's figure. "may i ask what talents you have, or wish to learn if you were to join us?" her tone is not as demanding as it once was in her life. and even now her body has grown softer and rounded.
Moonglow
Theta
17 Posts
Ooc — Faele
"Hello, miss Shikoba."

Following the woman's head, Faele lowered her own farther and found a growing, jittery bunny running around in her heart. Sunshine people. She had not heard of the sunshine people, and now she wished to know all of what they were. For every word Shikoba spoke, Faele tried to memorize them.

When asked of her talents, another small gasp left the girls mouth. "Oh," she did not say what she was useful for! Faele had recited this to herself before. But as her ears grew warm and she just a little more sheepish, she knew what she could do. "I am a grounds cleaner," she shuffled her legs, but looked to the the star hunter with a soft smile on her face. "And I have had many siblings at home that I have taken care of." While she still whispered, she was confident in these things. "And I am a very good listener."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
her manners bought more patience and kindness to her voice, small ears pushing forward to listen intently. perhaps to a younger shikoba, she'd see no value in such activties. but the sunshine people have taught shikoba that there is beauty in many things, and there is talent in the worlds she knows little about. she sees it in ajei, and she sees it in the girl before her.

she nods in an understanding manner, smiling. "those are good things," she says thoughtfully, "there will be young to expect in the next spring, we could use your help." shikoba shakes her coat, a polite way to release her tension.

now, she comes to step aside, "you are welcome to our village. come, i will show you our lands." with an inviting sweep of her muzzle, shikoba would come to lead young faele into the spine.

so sorry for the late response! i'll go ahead and add her to the ranks, please feel free to either respond if you want the thread longer, or we can end it here, whatever is easiest! <333 welcome to moonglow