Reboot of past cultures/religions
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
If I wished to bring in a new character that is tied to past pack/cultures/religions etc. (Ex: Bonechewers - Tortuga, Hoshor Plains - Dotharan, Sawtooth Spire - Tartok) would I need to seek the permission of the idea's original creator or, am I free to bring the character in of my own free will?

Personally I would try get permission to do so but one of the issues I run into by doing this is that the original creator is no longer active on the site and has no form of contact for me to reach them at. 

I want to be respectful of everyone's wishes and not assume anything so please feel free to share your opinion on the matter!
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I can't speak to the others, though I created the original Tortuga (well, it's based heavily off "Pirates of the Caribbean") via my character, @Bones. You're more than welcome to use it. :)
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
(February 02, 2019, 11:14 PM)Wildfire Wrote: I can't speak to the others, though I created the original Tortuga (well, it's based heavily off "Pirates of the Caribbean") via my character, @Bones. You're more than welcome to use it. :)

Good to know and thanks for sharing!
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
(February 02, 2019, 10:52 PM)Sanguinus Wrote: If I wished to bring in a new character that is tied to past pack/cultures/religions etc. (Ex: Bonechewers - Tortuga, Hoshor Plains - Dotharan, Sawtooth Spire - Tartok) would I need to seek the permission of the idea's original creator or, am I free to bring the character in of my own free will?

Personally I would try get permission to do so but one of the issues I run into by doing this is that the original creator is no longer active on the site and has no form of contact for me to reach them at. 

I want to be respectful of everyone's wishes and not assume anything so please feel free to share your opinion on the matter!

My two cents is that it might be best to ask first - as the packs mentioned are original content. Most people would be thrilled to have someone else interested in bringing in the culture, but since they are original content it's respectful to definitely ask. It might be different if the packs were broader, IE, based on a universal concept (broad example being a pack imitating Hopi Indian tribe), but since the packs mentioned are all unique, I think ask first.

If you need help contacting specific players, let me know - all of the packs you mentioned still have the original founders on WOLF, just under different names.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.