Lost Creek Hollow time to sink way into the blue, dear
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
for some reason indra felt the almost-desperate need to impress treason: it surprised her, but she didn't want anyone here to think less of her -- especially not the wolf that she imagined was terance's taciturn right hand. treason's question was given a good amount of contemplative thought - what was it she did? what could she bring to the hollow, that would be valuable?

she thought of her contributions to bearclaw - somehow, they seemed insignificant - hunt, patrol, mark borders.. standard make, standard answer -- not good enough. her brow furrowed briefly, eclipsed quickly by a more neutral expression.

"to tell you the truth -- what i did in bearclaw.. was take care of someone else's pups." she had never imagined she would be a caretaker for a harem not her own, but... here she was. she supposed she owed treason the full explanation, as she somehow imagined 'nanny' was not exactly an elite skillset in treason's eyes. "xan -- the white male that came with us, was the alpha. he sired two litters.." she frowned at the rather clinical way of putting it - he fucked two women, used them up, selfishly -- could she say that here? she wanted to. "it was not.. fair to the first woman.. i think he played both of them. played us." vulnerability and a heavy weight of empathy weighed down her words - it had taken her a long time to see from the nameless wolf's perspective, and even, indra still felt a bit cold as she thought of the woman -- but she felt colder still for xan, who had done not just laurel, but reigi wrong.

"and... the woman left. she took one child, left the rest behind. and there wasn't really anyone to take care of them - certainly not xan -- and laurel.. asking her to take care of the offspring of a 'mistress', was that fair?" she didn't feel it was fair either to refer to reigi as a mistress either, as technically, laurel had been the homewrecker -- but old loyalties died hard, and indra would be dead and rotting in the ground well before she ever looked to laurel as if she were at fault. "so it fell on me. that's the abbreviated story of how i became a glorified nanny. but to answer your real question, which is what i am skilled at - before all of this, i was a good hunter. i still am a good hunter - but i liked studying game. i am not a good fighter, though."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - November 04, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - November 06, 2018, 02:31 AM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - November 06, 2018, 09:12 AM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - November 09, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - November 11, 2018, 11:44 AM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - November 18, 2018, 11:07 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - November 23, 2018, 01:30 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - November 25, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - November 28, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - November 30, 2018, 01:30 AM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Indra - December 06, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: time to sink way into the blue, dear - by Arbiter - December 09, 2018, 05:09 PM