Dragoncrest Cliffs ❝i am❞ is set, delicate and detailed as an insect in amber to each child
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
How Blodreina arced and hissed might've earned the gona an austere, argent eye — but, no, because it was true. Aure, not understanding any of this at all, neither flinched with insult or pressed forward with retort. Instead, she leaned up into Blodreina's words not unlike a voracious cursist, ears feathering to hear every word she had to say. How would the skayona even ask where to begin learning all of this in the first place, though? "Blodreina... thank you. I am only now finding some sembelence to all of this. When I was first initiated, I'd merely thought Drageda was..." — of a more primordial, sea-faring make — "...just one sect of its kind; not a part of several other clans. I never would've guessed these... gedas, in truth, are so... established."

She was a slow learner, it was true. But she learned; better to be late then never at all. Idly, she wondered if Verx's Trigeda was one of those clans... she'd inquire him later. Once she'd delved in the makings of a culture, there was no end to her quest for answers; for "why's this that way?", if you will.

And now, she needed to process all of this; let it sift through her mind and settle into nooks where the information could prove to be useful later on. "So, without this... heda, or fos goufa," Aure articulated slowly, tasting the words on her tongue, "Drageda, and, er, your other clans, are... left adrift, no?" Her silvered brow narrowed over an ever-pensive gaze, the flush of maternity paling for the time being. To her, the belief of letting superstition annoint the next heir was—wasn't too far from what Rhaesuial practiced, actually.

Aure rid herself of her momentary prejudice, lips pressing thin. How could she even allow herself to stumble to such a folly? "Then, there is no horizon in sight for us? Will Blixen not lead, at least for now? She... she was Antumbra's second-in-command, was she not?" Folly aside, it felt good to have some sort of lesson again; to let her mind enshroud itself this way.
Messages In This Thread
RE: ❝i am❞ is set, delicate and detailed as an insect in amber to each child - by Andraste - February 10, 2019, 04:14 PM