Stone Circle Luckily I am not alone.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
AAH IVE BEEN SO BUSY, TODAY WAS THE ONLY DAY I GOT TO REPLY! D: I will admit my must isnt the best right now, and writing this whole thing has seemed a bit out of place. I hope it flows some-what well! I will try harder next post

"I just feel like I failed. We were thriving, and-- and-- Now Indra is dead, Clay has gone missing. Steph left with Sunny, I assume. I just hope that she is okay. I wanted to keep everyone safe but I didn't. What kind of Matriarch does that make me!?"

"My heart is broken,"

He pulled his ears back as Valette continued to cry into his fur, her tears soaking through and making it damp and heavy. He would continue to coo at her, resting his chin against her warmth as she took what she needed from it.

In time it seemed to work, her sobs quieting down and breath growing steady enough for her to force words out to him. He smiled at that and closed his eyes to listen.

And as she talked it hurt him so to hear her thoughts, to hear how they dragged her down and down. A realization was beginning to dawn on Greyback, one that shocked him. Valette was spiraling out of control. The weight of the crown that used to fit so naturally on top of her head was slipping, and she was struggling to hold on. He listened as she fumbled, questioning not only herself, but her love as well.

He moved against her as she talked, his head weighing down to rest his head's weight along her broad shoulders. It was the only thing he could think of to do. "You haven't failed, my heart." He whispered. "This is but a hiccup, it will pass. Everything will be alright." Would it though? The man fell silent after that, rethinking his words. "Indras death was not our fault, we could of done nothing to stop her. As with Steph... your children have always had the urge to fly away from home." he offered.

Messages In This Thread
Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - November 15, 2019, 05:12 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by Greyback - November 17, 2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - November 17, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by Greyback - November 25, 2019, 11:29 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - November 26, 2019, 04:54 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by Greyback - November 29, 2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - December 02, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by Greyback - December 23, 2019, 03:20 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - December 23, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by Greyback - December 23, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Luckily I am not alone. - by RIP Valette - December 23, 2019, 04:41 PM