Bearclaw Valley Ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road,
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
One of the key components to survival was an appropriate food supply, which was one of Revui's strongest motivations, so it was not surprising that he was also touring the area on the lookout for an easy meal. There was a lot of territory here; more than the spire of his birth. At least with Moonspear there were obvious routes that one had to take, and he had known those paths well. Here, everything was so open. It was freeing in a sense, but also overwhelming. Too much to see and too much to protect, he thought. For now though he would focus on food - it was easier that way.

The wind pulsed across an arid section of grass where Revui stood poised, and his reaction was akin to a double-take. The scent he picked up most was wolf to enough degree for him to be initially dismissive, but there was something wrong with it, too. Was one of Merrick's people sick, already? He wasn't motivated enough to find out; he was no healer, despite his many dealings with herbalists (in fact, the thought of seeking out something to aid the scent-bearer brought to mind Kukutux, which soured him further) and he was not the person to call when in need of such things.

All the same, his trail flowed through the valley towards the scent. It grew stronger the further west he tread, but when Revui passed in to a declining patch of forest he lost the trail; there were stronger scents of rabbit and springtime fowl of some kind, and he was briefly distracted - forking from his path to pursue these.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road, - by Revui (Ghost) - April 20, 2020, 06:11 PM