Emberwood they fooled us once again, we are the loneliest of men
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki wrapped around her and nuzzled her gently to try and comfort her. She was clearly terrified, and Taki wanted to make sure that she knew she had no reason to be now. Her niece explained that she had been chased from her home—she was afraid they would kill her if she returned. The story made protective anger swell up in Taki's chest. Over her dead body would anyone touch Sia's daughter. It is okay, Taktuq, she murmured against her niece's fur. You are safe with me. I will not let them hurt you. She matched her words with soft strokes of her chin across Taktuq's head.

She looked up to Taikon and Zephyr then, knowing they would be expecting a translation. This is my niece, Taktuq, Taki explained. Her father, my brother, and the rest of her family live within Easthollow. It seems she was chased from there today by two wolves with the promise that they would kill her if she returned. She knew she should take her back home, but she could feel every ounce of terror in her own heart. I do not know if I can— She thought of Stag and how upset he had been with her the first time she left Sagtannet. He had wanted her to stay, but she had left anyway. I do not think I can make her go back right now. She is too scared, and it is too dangerous. She looked between the two adults in front of her. She was asking in a way, but really she wasn't asking at all. She would not force her niece into danger.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: they fooled us once again, we are the loneliest of men - by Takiyok - November 30, 2020, 06:08 PM