Stavanger Bay the live oak tree and the big bay moon
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
551 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
All Welcome 
It was warmer away from the Spine, down by the dreary grey coast. Dutch had never seen the ocean before, but something about it made him feel both larger than himself and very, very small.

He had been told that his father loved the sea, and that his grandfather had once taken a wife from its depths. But neither he nor his mother were born from the sea spirit he'd wed, so Dutch had to assume this love came from Aditya alone.

On the shore, he built and altar of rocks and kelp, and then bowed his head to pray, Grandfather? If you're listening, please tell my father that I've been searching for him. Please tell momma that I love her, and tell Anjali not to get bigger than me while we're apart. Please fill me with your spirit and your strength.

That done, he stood and looked around with his bright, orange eyes, as if Aditya might suddenly appear to him. It did not happen this way, of course, so he sighed and sent up another loud, hopeful howl — but then made sure to pick himself up and carry on before he could hope for a response. He headed for the water, where he hoped to test the saltiness that he'd been warned about for himself.
Messages In This Thread
the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Dutch - January 28, 2021, 10:16 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Yeet - February 02, 2021, 02:02 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Dutch - February 02, 2021, 08:41 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Yeet - February 02, 2021, 09:00 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Dutch - February 02, 2021, 09:39 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Yeet - February 07, 2021, 04:19 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Dutch - February 07, 2021, 10:41 PM
RE: the live oak tree and the big bay moon - by Yeet - February 17, 2021, 07:21 PM