Swiftcurrent Creek Lallybroch
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Although she felt tentative towards him, at least he did not approach her too closely. Still, when he neared she could not help but take a small step backwards that showed how guarded she was, despite the smile she had forced onto her face. Everything in her screamed to run, but something made her stay. She wasn't sure what it was, precisely, but she liked to think it was certainly not what the voice inside her head was hissing into her ears.

He introduced himself as Njord, a scout. It had been some time since Laurel had met any scouts; well, outside of territory, anyway. She'd been within Easthollow for some time, had travelled for another good time of her life. Those times when she travelled had often been some of the best. Perhaps because no pack had ever truly felt hers; not even Bearclaw Valley, which she had ruled alongside Xan. In the end, it too had crumbled, and now it was no more than a pit of vipers she longed to see destroyed.

This Njord wolf had a funny accent she didn't recognise very much. The fact that he was from the ocean explained the salty scent that hung about him — or did she imagine it just because he said it? — that reminded her of Lucas. Oh, sweet baby boy Lucas...

Having no desire to lose herself in grief for her firstborn and decidedly best son, Laurel said, I'm Laurel. I live... She seemed to hesitate for a moment as her head raised a bit and her ears folded back uncertainly. Then she added, gesturing vaguely towards the east, In that direction, with a pack called Rivenwood. I'm new there, I don't know if I'll stay long. There was a certain sort of anticipation in the way she said it, and a keen wolf would see that there might be some fear lingering in those words. Perhaps because it was a lie; she hoped she might settle in Rivenwood and live a quiet life there, but she did not want all the men she ran into out here in the wilds to know about that. She didn't need another —

Me, my dearest? But I'm so much fun to have around.

— And even though this guy seemed pretty laid back, if there was anything Laurel had learned in life, it was that everyone wore a mask. And everyone tore them from their faces to tear you to pieces at one point in their lives.
Messages In This Thread
Lallybroch - by Njord - February 23, 2021, 12:01 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Laurel - February 23, 2021, 10:13 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Njord - February 23, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Laurel - February 24, 2021, 05:29 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Njord - February 24, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: Lallybroch - by Laurel - February 25, 2021, 10:57 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Njord - February 26, 2021, 11:18 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Laurel - March 02, 2021, 05:16 AM
RE: Lallybroch - by Njord - May 16, 2021, 10:35 PM