Noctisardor Bypass I'll keep a light on in my soul
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The man spoke first, and it irked Laurel that he would be the one to introduce them, but she kept a pleasant smile on her face. He introduced them as Lane and Tuuluuwaq, and Laurel nodded. I'm Laurel, she returned with a nod. It was a strange story, all in all. Tuuluuwaq said that the girl that had spoken to them told them she didn't know anything and told them to stay away. Laurel was certain that she had smelled Druid's scent thick on the borders near here. She must've been nearby. It seemed unlikely some stranger that was now nowhere to be seen had been the one to talk to these wolves. Laurel could not help but feel suspicious in her gut, but she didn't say anything about it; instead, merely smiled politely while they finished speaking.

Then she said, We were attacked, raided, and some of our children have been taken by Ursus, the pack living to the south. That's why I asked... I thought that you might've spoken to one of our few remaining members. I must've been mistaken, my apologies. She smiled pleasantly, even though she didn't trust the situation — there was no use being suspicious of these strangers, now. She had nothing now, so the worst outcome wasn't any worse than where she was now.

They had asked about Mahler. Laurel didn't like talking about him, but she told them, Mahler is gone. Laurel felt a cold twist in her heart as she said it, and her expression fell to a sorrowful one that was genuine. She didn't realise how it sounded a though he had perished when she said it. In a way, perhaps he had, in her heart. We are few now, that's why we need our allies to get the children back. They're in danger every day. I heard that Duskfire was moving. Ursus isn't large. I understand it's a lot to ask, and you don't have to answer right away, but now that you're still here... If you have any warriors at all that could help us, we actually stand a chance to save them. With a pang, she thought to Wintersbane. He was no longer Duskfire's leader now. Was he still around at all? Laurel knew that Sequoia had said she didn't intend to ask any men for help, but while her life had made her despise most men, Laurel also knew that they had their uses. Is Wintersbane still with you? He's... Laurel hesitated visibly before she finally admitted, They're his children. Maybe if he was with them still, they could at least tell him. Laurel remembered Wintersbane as a strong wolf. Perhaps he could have his uses in the war against Ursus if he heard his children were in danger.
Messages In This Thread
I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 05:02 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 06:35 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 07:07 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 08:00 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 08:50 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 09:48 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 23, 2022, 01:56 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 23, 2022, 05:45 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 23, 2022, 06:42 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 24, 2022, 09:53 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 24, 2022, 04:26 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 25, 2022, 09:09 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:14 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - March 01, 2022, 03:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 04:06 PM