Permafrost Hollows In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea
Brecheliant
Family
819 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I can understand that. She replied, a little softer. She didn't dread returning in the same way but she felt similarly enough that the words were an echo to her own feelings. It's hard, sometimes, when it feels like everything around you is changing and you are just stuck in place. They move on with their lives and sometimes end up leaving you behind. I kind of decided that keeping up shouldn't have to be entirely my job. The ones who care will want you there with them, and they'll come to meet you too, at least every once in a while. Bridget laughed a little at that and gave Keen an affectionate touch to the shoulder. The words were true, but it was also a small callback to her own visits to the mountain.

Easier said than done. But sometimes the kindest thing for a friend was to let them live their own life, with or without your presence in it. She didn't know if she was right thinking it, but so far, the alternative had brought nothing but trouble along with it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea - by Bridget - May 06, 2023, 04:55 PM