Wheeling Gull Isle in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
50 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Simeon doesn’t notice papa sneak up behind them. His ears and eyes stay fixed on Dinah, who says words he never expected to come out of her mouth.

His first instinct is to argue, but he caves to his second. For once he listens to that stirring inside him that says to close his mouth and comfort her.

And he does.

He holds her against him and lets her cry into his fur. Oh, she’ll snot him up for sure! Smear boogers all around. But he is the biggest brother to every one of the pups and he feels that crash against him like waves against the sea work rocks.

But he can’t hold his tongue forever.

I know they still love us, he says to her, and will let her find comfort in his boyish rumblings like he still finds comfort in the way mama’s chest feels when she sings, an’ I know God still loves us. He din’t tell me to love ‘em, either, y’know? But Ami says we have lots to teach ‘em. So maybe He din’t need to tell us with a BIG, BOOMING voice, he whisper shouted, still careful to keep his voice soft, but also wanting Dinah to smile again, to laugh, maybe He told us to love ‘em through papa an’ Ami, his little tail beat the earth, an’ maybe you just… missed it a little, he shrugs, and grins, I do that lots.
Messages In This Thread
RE: in the summer of 07, i was sure i'd go to heaven - by Simeon - June 30, 2023, 10:30 PM