Wheeling Gull Isle I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand.
Rivenwood
Leaf

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
214 Posts
Ooc — Twin
pls lmk if any of this isn't okay! skipping towhee with ooc perms <3

Oh, how proud Dinah was of her collection of flowers! Covered in grains of sand and imperfectly cut by baby teeth, but still lovely; at least to her. She hadn't noticed the slowly disappearing individuals, or the fact that it was much smaller now than when she'd initially bundled it together. No, no, she was too excited! She is giddy, with wild eyes wide with joy and a high-held strut along the bank in the direction of —
The sound of clacking teeth comes up from behind her. Instinctually, Dinah ducks and emits a high-pitched shriek. Aflutter, she topples over; her bundle goes absolutely everywhere right before her eyes, scattered; and taken in the saltwind is the beautiful lupine before either of the two girls could grab it.
The culprit stares with a ghoulish grin and deadened mismatched spider eyes.
Silence, and then, Dinah screams.
YOU! without even having thought about it, her paw is swung right for the littler's face in an attempted strike. Sobs, all-encompassing, memories flooding — this little thief, this world-destroyer, this selfish demon child who she never wanted here in the first place —
Frightened, both by herself and this child and of God's wrath that would surely now rain down upon her. She shrinks, shrivels; You're evil, a whisper-scream, tiny, withered cries in between bubbles of snot and spit and tears that cover her little face.
And then, slumped over in a little ball, she cries. Cries for learned love that had now begun to falter all over again, cries for the dead flowers, cries for how badly she wished she could tell Mama and Daddy and how they would never believe her. Cries because she was in the wrong — she knew this, and here she was anyway. But was she? Shouldn't Ava know better by now?
She cries for the simple fact that she does not know.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand. - by Dinah - July 26, 2023, 08:47 PM