Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
back from the borders <3

heda had left the island for the final time, she felt. 
without a word had she gone back to find @John and @Ava Amara and @Dinah. malakai was not coming, and @Simeon had gone to commune with god.
but heda could stand the sound of the coast no longer. she would not leave simeon for the remembered land of her birth until they had spoken once more; she called out for him one grey morning, to say that they would move to the southeastern forests as the weather grew harsher. 
and then without more sound, heda turned them for the wilderness beyond the coastline, one she hardly remembered.
and yet her body did so, her senses did so. she hunted and ate little, or nothing; her recollections of the journey ahead burned inside heda. they arrived in a lovely copse of willow-wood that promised respite for aching bodies, only for the too-young matriarch to discover the place was claimed. heda sighed; she kept them far from the borders, facing out toward the taiga. it was many days to noctisardor, and then — it was only she and john to protect the young against the winter to come.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
A pale woman at their borders. Reverie called first for @Boone, a long and low note without any true urgency to it. Then she went to meet her, tail swaying lazily at her hocks to convey that she meant no harm.

Hello, She called out softly, slow in her approach. The woman smelled of others; the sea. There was something forlorn in the air around her. This is um, Hearthwood. Are you alright? Do you... need help? Reverie cast a glance behind her, searching for others.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
202 Posts
Ooc — Twin
It is cold here. Cold, and it smells weird. There are people here that she doesn't know, and they are headed to a place Dinah only knew by remembered mothersblood.
How many times had she had to tell strangers to leave her alone as of late?
Glazed, hollow eyes find the stranger, the snap of twigs and the sound of foreign voice. There is no fight left in her; not the snap of teeth at heel or a growl rippling from throat. She only stares, wordless, vacant. Go away.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
116 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Quote:Let me know if it’s out of place or order.

Where Heda led, John followed. John could sense any of her inner turmoil, but he spoke little about it to her, as sometimes listening, and simply being there for someone did more than words could. At night, when  they paused to rest, he would keep watch, like a shepherd, and through the day, walking by Heda’s side. Sometimes, he even followed from behind. If prey was easy to find, even squirrels or rabbits, he would do his best to provide some edible substance.  

The further they traveled, the deeper they got into forested land. Yet another place he knew nothing of. But he trusted Heda, as to him, she was still his leader.

But then a stranger wolf came into view. As the wolf approached the small band, John moved to stand in front of Heda and the two girls. “We are merely travelers, and are of no threat.” He assured this stranger that they came in peace.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
her voice had sounded hardly at all in their trek from the coast, but now heda saw she must find it. they were approached in kindness by a gentle woman spun from gold. fiercely grateful that john spoke for them now, heda raised the gilt eyes sunken with sleeplessness.
in that moment she felt untied from herself, unmoored. the mouth that opened now was hardly her own, and she felt the same of the voice that came out of it; "i am the widow redhawk," scarcely more than a weak whisper.
widow.
a verbal acceptance that caracal was not coming back.
and how many more before heda did accept it?
"this is — we are part of a family that was scattered. we lost — we lost several." she was unraveling now, but refused to weep. "can we rest? just for a night or so. i'm taking them to where i was born," and there they must go, and there they must be. even here was too close to the sea.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
And soon there were more; a child, and a man, gently protective in a way that reminded Reverie achingly of Lestan. She listened carefully, eyes drifting between each of them and settling on the woman who introduced herself as The Widow Redhawk. Reverie knew that name. Redhawk.

But now was not the time.

Stay as long as you need, Reverie invited in a hushed and somber voice, beckoning them within the borders. Do any of you need food, medicine? She cast an anxious glance over her shoulder, wondering where Boone was and why he hadn't answered her call.

I'm Reverie, She added after a moment, looking back to the little group. My um, my husband, Boone, should be here soon... my daughter Blossom lives here too, and another girl, Mae.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
116 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Heda had spoken, explaining their dilemma in short. He stepped aside, seeing as this blonde woman was of no threat to himself or the island family. As for words, his own were few and carefully placed, but he offered the woman a thanks: “Bless you, Reverie. And many thanks.”

With this, he moved to Heda’s side, and waited for her to lead. 

Quote:Shrimpie post. Not much to say.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
202 Posts
Ooc — Twin
just a note, plz don't skip me without asking!

reverie. boone. blossom. mae. hearthwood. dinah's ears felt a bit like static.
she did not care who this woman was, who lived here. the girl's eyes blink lizard-like before she dryly whispers an ugly note, hardly audible: can you keep john? because frankly, she wished more and more that he would leave. no matter how much she gnashed her teeth, spat in his face, he remained anchored to her and what was left of her sundered family. it disturbed her.
she wished he would go back to kai. perhaps they could lament about how no one likes jesus anymore to each other.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
dinah's anger and frustration was almost tactile to her hypersensitive mother. john was necessary to their survival in the bypass; he had hunted for her daughters while she was away and protected them even now. his heart was good, but it belonged to god in a way that dinah no longer did.
wrapping a paw around the tense young shoulders, heda smiled down at her child with encouragement before looking back toward reverie. a family, then, and as bittersweet as it was, the redhawk widow was also relieved. "thank you. we'll hunt for your caches while we're here," she decided, determined to leave no debts behind them.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Powerplaying Boone! If we could get one more round or at least one more post after mine in for formation purposes I'd love you all forever <3
Oh, you don't have to do that - Reverie started to protest — but then Boone appeared, and immediately her attention fluttered to him as it often did. Reverie explained the situation in hushed tones; a family traveling, in need of shelter. To her relief, he was in agreement with her. They would stay for a time.

I can show you around, help you get settled, She offered to them next. Her gaze flitted briefly over the red-furred girl, who seemed detached and frustrated with all of it. Reverie knew better than to pry; she only hoped that being among other children here might be of some help. She turned her eyes back to the widow, soft now. I know of a few places that could be temporary dens.
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
202 Posts
Ooc — Twin
last from me!

the blonde woman brought forth a giant, thundering man. he speaks with a strange accent dinah had never heard before. she didn't like it.
she didn't like it here. but it was a place to lay her head; to rest; to try and forget.
she says nothing and merely hides behind mama for the remainder of the conversation.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
not a home. a stop along the way. heda was determined to see them through to the bypass, even if —
even if it was the wrong thing to do.
her mind craved a reset.
she had no smile to muster but indicated she would follow, eyelashes fluttering in gratitude and exhaustion.