Noctisardor Bypass Sailing along to the shore of memories
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
116 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
All Welcome 
Thread title from “A new days begun” the Canadian Tenors. John is leaving to find Malakai and Simeon, he prays he’ll bring them home. Glaukos and Druid have been hunting for him, so it is safe to assume he has a skin bag of some sort with meat and other provisions that they provided. No posting order, all of Rivenwood is welcome to bid him farewell. @Heda @Druid @Glaukos @Dinah @Ava Amara.

He had gathered what he’d needed for his journey to the sea, meat and other provision courtesy of Druid and Glaukos. He was very thankful for what they had prepared for him, and especially for the den that Druid had constructed for him. He wrapped up the provisions in an animal skin bag and carried it to the grand archway which served as the gateway to Rivenwood. He dropped the bag at his feet and raised his blessed voice into the air. He didn’t know what Heda would think, and he’d hoped that wouldn’t upset her, break her heart again. Dinah, he didn’t even know what she would think, as she and Ava have had bitter feelings since the family shattering after the summer. But he kept reminding himself, he was doing this for his family, he was going to try his best, and with the Lord’s help he would find them safe, and return them home. 

Before everyone arrived, he sent a prayer up to the Lord: “Lord, I ask for a safe journey across the vast land, and that I may find Heda’s sons safe and that I am able to deliver them safely home to their family’s loving arms. Amen.” He trusted the Lord, he knew he had to have faith that everything would turn out alright, because the Lord loves his children dearly. It just never hurt to ask though. 

There, at the borders, he waited.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid felt particularly wretched today. She aborted her patrol midway through and retired to her den in Dawnleaf to rest, throwing up several times en route. She sagged to the ground inside her lair, feeling utterly depleted.

When John’s voice rose into the air some time later, the den-bound she-wolf could only wearily raise her muzzle and howl a tremulous note of farewell and good luck. Guilt gnawed at her as Druid then curled in upon herself, just hoping the others might see him off personally where could not.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda joined john where he was, a bit drawn despite the smile of gratitude she offered. her eyes were touched with affection and worry.
before anyone else arrived, heda said her own prayer aloud; "lord, guide john as he reenters your kingdom. protect him on those grave waters. bring him back to us."
her lips trembled; heda could not bear losing another. but she was deeply thankful that this good shepherd now saw fit to gather the sons of caracal, of the island.
fatigue warred with nausea, with sorrow, but she would see him off, watching until the man was only a small dot on a far horizon.
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
116 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The sight of Heda brought warmth to his body, a calmness to fight against the anticipation and nervousness of leaving this place, his family. She neared him, her eyes full of gratitude, affection, yet worry. He bumped his head against her’s as she said a prayer for him, and seeing Heda pray gave him hope.

He could see her lips tremble ever so slightly, and he touch his nose to hers, lifting her head up with his muzzle under her chin. “Chin up, Heda. Do not worry for me, as I am in God’s hands.” “But I will miss you, and please, take care while I’m gone.” He turned towards the direction of the archway, the way out of the valley, but looked back once more, “Goodbye.” As he looked at her, he could feel a trickle under his eyes, but they weren’t tears of sadness, but care.

Then, he trotted out of the valley, and didn’t look back, yet he knew all the same that Heda would be watching him until she could see him no more.
God was with him, and he would prevail in his quest, his journey to bring Heda’s sons home.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)