Noctisardor Bypass trashcan usa
Rivenwood
Ash
150 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Joining 
please let anselm post first (or at least cameo, up to you lauren)!

It was a chilly day, although Fiona was thankful for the sun that peeked through the clouds. She still wasn't quite sure what she was walking into, but she supposed she'd eked out what she could from @Anselm. They had picked up and carried what they could gather in one trip from the hollow. It felt strange to be this far away, seeing as Fiona had spent much of her time there since leaving Greenroot. Her familiar, @Prowler, helped the two wolves to carry some of the more delicate objects from Etienne's stores.

Already, Fiona felt anxious about being far away from her tincture, but she reminded herself that she could set up another spot here in Rivenwood. In a month's time or so, it would be the same strength as her medicine back home at the hollow. Until then, she'd be making the trip back every other day, which would probably help. A body well worn out was less likely to succumb to the whims of what mother nature had in mind.

Once they arrived on the border, Fiona wasn't quite sure what to do. She looked to Anselm in a rare display of seeking advice from somebody else.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
They carried what they could from the hollow, eliminating much conversation by virtue of their mouths being occupied. Anselm did not mind this; though at times they stopped for brief conversation. 

He wasn’t a mind reader, but he could tell there was growing apprehension. When they came to the border, Anselm wondered if it would be more appropriate to march straight to @Druid — but the fear of an assailing @Glaukos kept Anselm from entertaining that thought. 

He set up a howl for @Etienne, informing that he’d returned. The howl also served as broadcast — any other occupant in the area would know of Anselm’s return. And then he looked to Fiona and her herb-carrying charge(seasoning for later?), a rough raise of his shoulders rounding out his frame. Ready?
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She couldn’t bear it anymore. Druid asked Glaukos to stay with @Heda and all six of his children, then fled the den. She already felt dismayed at her inability to connect with her sons and daughters. Now she had to watch her sister so quickly and easily fall in love with Ezra and Gideon?

Her mismatched eyes darted around as she walked in no particular direction, absently searching for Etienne. Druid desperately needed help dealing with these feelings. She couldn’t cope with them on her own anymore.

Anselm’s call startled her into stillness. He was calling for Etienne, so she should go to him if she wanted to speak to the healer. On legs that felt hollow, Druid rushed toward the source of the sound, near the far side of the bypass.

Etienne wasn’t there yet, though somebody else stood beside Anselm. Druid stopped short again, then loped closer to the pair. Her eyes cut from one face to the other, a look of comprehension dawning on her own.

Fiona, was all she could think to say.

Let me know if you mind these assumptions, peeps! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Ash
150 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
As I'll ever be, she replied, then motioned for Prowler to get beneath her. The last thing she needed was for her well-trained friend to be eaten on sight. The first to arrive was not Etienne at all, but a wolf Fiona barely recognized from a very brief encounter in the earlier days of winter.

Javelina, she replied, surprise evident in her voice. Anselm had not mentioned anybody by that name, and yet here she was. At the time, Fiona had merely warned her off the hollow, and for good reason. Anselm wasn't a particularly friendly wolf, and Fiona hadn't quite gotten a handle on what exactly was going on there. He had never taken kindly to wounded birds as Etienne had. Oddly enough, the day Fiona and Javelina had met had been the first day that she had begun to prepare the tincture that kept mother nature at bay.

It seemed Javelina had not procured such a thing. She was wrapped in the smell of several children, and her belly hung low, heavy with milk. The witch did not wish that upon anyone, least of all herself. She couldn't help the momentary look of disgust at the thought of being bloated with children, then having them hang off her teats for weeks afterward.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Anselm was surprised to be greeted by Druid. He didn’t know what rearing children entailed, but maybe she’d been taking a break at the perfect time. 

He stepped back, allowing the two the floor. There was little he could contribute to this conversation, so his attention instead slipped to the raccoon, who slid underneath Fiona when Druid arrived. This gesture must be customary — so Anselm took it a little less personally now that he knew. 

Confusingly, Fiona addressed Druid as something else. Anselm kept quiet, missing the quick beat of disgust on Fiona’s face as his gaze was once again trailing to the lunchbox between her legs.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid didn’t miss the look that passed over Fiona’s face only seconds after she said her old name. She knew her body had changed drastically these past few months. It was one of many pain points for her in this postpartum phase. She found herself battling an urge to cover her body or even slink away so no one else could see her. Tears pricked her eyes. She fought those too.

It’s Druid now, she said in a strangely throaty voice.

She cleared her throat and glanced at Anselm, who remained mum. Fiona said nothing else. Was anyone going to explain what was going on or were they just going to stand here staring at her? Judging her?

She noticed the Birch looking at something and followed his eye line, only now noticing the creature squatting beneath Fiona. Her head reared back. She stared for a few beats, then lifted her eyes to the other woman’s face, which now wore a much more neutral expression.

Something strange happened to Druid’s face then. It scrunched, then smoothed. She felt like a stranger in her own body and now her own face felt like a mask as her facial muscles fell into an unfamiliar contortion of cold, hard lines.

We can’t help you.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
just a cameo unless he's spotted

Etienne had found Anselm missing. And though he had known where the mountain man went. It agitated him to a great degree that the one wolf that brought him solace had left even if for just a brief time.

So when the call came up he headed towards it, but stopped short at the sight of Fiona. He dipped into the shadows as a terrifying anger filled him and all he could think to himself.

when did this become a whorehouse

and he felt a depth of lonliness he had never known. And disgust at himelf for such a terrible thought. He had been the one to beg entry for Fiona hadn't he.

Perhaps it was time to move on before all the wolves here slowly stripped away his spirit and his mind. It was clear Anselm preferred females to males and Etienne could no more love a woman in that way than he could change his own deeper nature.

Now Anselm could choose Heda or Fiona or even both and Etienne could disappear. Lovesick and weary, but he could go.

But even the thought of being away from the mountain wolf sickened him. He could carry his love and stil be his friend yes? But he was surprised at the way Druid had spoke. So now he waited.
Rivenwood
Ash
150 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well, that explained why Anselm hadn't mentioned her, although the name change was a bit... odd, to say the least. Was it something about Rivenwood that had pushed her to change it? Would Fiona be pressured into changing her own name as well? That didn't sit right with her at all. Then again, several things about this place didn't sit right with her. Fiona realized her mistake in showing her own problematic feelings on her face—a rookie mistake!—as Druid's whole demeanor changed.

Then, a slinging back of her own words in her face. Fiona winced. I deserved that, she replied sullenly. I apologize for the... look. I have a hangup about pregnancy. Childbirth, too. It was the whole reason she was planning to hoofing it back and forth between here and the hollow every other day.

If you don't want me here, I'll go. I'm only here because Anselm asked me to help him bring the supplies for Etienne. Her life would be a whole lot easier if she could remain at the hollow, even if this pack intrigued her even more now. Clearly Druid wasn't the glowing new mother that Fiona had come to expect while living in Greenroot. Then again, she had never understood them. What was so great about putting your body through that?

Etienne hung back, and Fiona cast him a curious glance, but she didn't engage with him further.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
This exchange put Anselm on edge. He did a double-take at Druid’s words — unaware it was a clapback to an earlier time. 

He was so preoccupied by what he thought was an uncharacteristic move on Druid’s behalf, that he didn’t see Etienne arrive and then quickly conceal himself. It was likely better off that way, because if Anselm had seen that darkening look, he might have shriveled within. 

Anselm realized he was doing Fiona a disservice. He waited for Fiona to finish before speaking. That is true. Fiona lived with us at the Hollow. His gaze flickered to Druid in a silent plea. She is our packmate and vould be of tremendous value to you.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
It was unlike her to speak to someone so coldly. Who was she? Druid already didn’t recognize herself. This only made matters worse. She swallowed, blinking away the tears that escaped despite her best efforts. They tracked down her cheeks, an alien sensation to her. When was the last time Druid—typically so easygoing and mellow—had cried?

Fiona quickly apologized and took responsibility for her faux pas. It made Druid feel better and worse all at once. She didn’t really know what to do with the woman’s frank confession. If she had these hangups, this place wouldn’t be a good fit for her. But by the sound of it, she didn’t really plan on sticking around long. She was just here to drop off some things for Etienne.

I’m sorry, I’m not myself right now, Druid found herself croaking. You’re of course welcome to assist Etienne.

Druid didn’t intend to say anything else. She wanted to recuse herself from this entire korero. She only hesitated because she still wanted to speak with the healer herself. It seemed like he would be pretty busy for the foreseeable future, between Anselm and Fiona, so she turned to go—and found herself face-to-face with the man of the hour.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne shifted into the light. Now his gaze stayed on Druid. The way her face changed. The sad sheen to her eyes. And he realized he was not the only one suffering lately. Motherhood didn't suit Druid right now. And it wasn't her fault. Her pregnancy had been so hard. And sometimes your brain was just sad.

Druid. Come wit' me. Let you an I speak. Yea.

There was a softness to his voice. A calming wave even if he was feeling nothing like it. He had to be for her.

He turned his golden eyes towards Fiona. Swallowing his discomfort and his pain. 'ello Fiona.

He looked over Anselm amd offered him a small smile amd a muttered. Mon fou. before he turned back to Druid.
Rivenwood
Ash
150 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Tremendous value" was high praise coming from somebody Fiona had once labeled "the angry man." Okay, so she still thought of him like that, but at least now she knew why he was like that. And these days, he did seem a bit less angry. Maybe because he was exhausted. Maybe because the man named Glaukos had stolen that title from him. Whatever the reason, she was surprised and quite honored to hear it come from Anselm's lips.

Druid's response was anything but normal, Fiona found. The witch swore she saw Druid wither right before her eyes in an entirely different way than she had upon first seeing her ugly grimace. She wanted to ask further what she meant by "not feeling herself," but before she could ask, Druid was heading off with Etienne who offered the witch only a passing greeting.

Fiona didn't let it show, but deep down, she couldn't help but think that she would do a better job of helping the new mother. Etienne's medical knowledge was lacking, in her opinion, and while she didn't fault him for it, she did sometimes wish that he would stop taking on tasks he couldn't handle. The guy looked just as messed up—if not more—than Druid herself.

I'll get this stuff put away, then, she said. Anselm, wanna lead the way?

Prowler stuck close, keeping a watchful eye on the two new predators in her midst, trusting Fiona to keep her safe.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Druid did not quite understand Anselm's intentions -- before he could crack open his mouth to explain further, Etienne appeared. Anselm felt his chest stiffen ever so slightly; an involuntary response to being perceived by him.

Etienne's voice and eyes were so soft, but something glinted in them Anselm did not recognize as he turned towards Druid and suggestion she follow him. Mon fou, Etienne said in parting. Anselm hid the smile that threatened to break his composure.

He turned to Fiona and her raccoon charge, unaware that his words had moved her. Vell. That vas -- How to even start. You understand now, maybe, vhy we stay. He motioned to Druid, and then nodded after Fiona's suggestion to lead the way. Yes -- I vill show you, follow me. Ve can find a stream for your magic-vater after.

Anselm waited for Fiona to ask anything else, then he began towards the medical stores.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
I think— Druid began to say right as Etienne said her name.

Her mouth shut with a click. He wanted to speak with her. Druid’s brow furrowed, wondering if something was the matter with him. Or perhaps he’d just witnessed her strange behavior and wanted to take her aside to address it. Maybe he even sensed that she was spiraling.

Okay, was all she said, giving the healer a moment to address the other two before she trailed after him.