Otter Creek I’m a wandering soul, Traveling a well worn road
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Limit Two 
( @Anselm ) (Replies do not have to match the amount of writing.)

After her short time in the great bear wilderness, she continued to move east. Why she loves to travel, she doesn’t exactly know, but she always yearns to. She has been wandering this wilderness for a long while now since her induction to the land.

When ever she could, she would stop and drink from any “clean” water source, and would snack on small prey when she could catch it. But from time to time, she remembers back to her pack life; Full bellies, family, friends, safety. Did she miss it? Yes. Someday she will find her place, she continues to whisper to herself, reassuring.

The afternoon sun was beating down on her, the smoke in the air causing her throat to dry easier. But all was found when she stumbled upon a flowing River, rich with life, both plant and animal. She decided to wash herself in a shallower part of the River. The native Otters curiously come to inspect her, playfully splashing in their river.

“Ah, this is perfect.” Raindrop said a sigh, laying down in the cool water, rolling on each side to clean it.

Quote:I have much muse for Raindrop, gotta get her character developed some more. :D
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
While Raindrop bathed in the river with otter compatriots, Anselm languished in the sun. 

He’d dragged himself to the sound of running water — but his body, crossed with merlot cuts of scything claws, had given out well before he reached the bank. 

Delirium from bloodloss seized him. With a groan, Anselm lost consciousness.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Quote:This is going to be interesting. :o 

After her bath, she stepped onto the bank, shaking the water droplets from her pelt. She then turned to the sunlit field, thinking that the sun’s warmth would help dry her. As she gracefully strode over, she paused, for what she had seen nearly swept her off her feet. A wolfs body, marked with crimson on a grey canvas. 

She trotted over, to examine this being. But once she saw his face, she remembered back to a previous time. This was the pack wolf that Mag chased off. — She didn’t know what to do for his wounds, but she began to lick them, an effort to remove the blood stains. After Thinking for a moment, she ran back towards the river, gabbing as much as she could mouth of moss, to pack the wounds.

Hopefully this would stop the bleeding. She laid down in front of him, trying to coax him awake.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti roamed far and wide lately. Anxious and irritable, but he had no where else to go at the moment. So he stayed in a pack that hated him. Just punishment he supposed for leaving his family.

It was with a healers heart he followed the scent of blood and was surprised when he came across a broken Anselm.

Anselm! he called out and ruahed forward. Eyes assessing everything quickly. The putrid smell of cat hit him and he grumbled.

gotta clean em. Den antiseptic.

He looked at the girl. Do you know plants? Can you get me some reeds and I will 'ave to clean dis. For infection sets in.

He bent back down and slowly licked along the cheek of the brooding boy. Who lay still.

Joli figi, kè lèd
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Raindrop lifted her head as another wolf came rushing towards them. They shouted a name, Anselm. She figured that was his name. This wolf must have also been from the same pack as he. 

The third wolf spoke directly to her, with urgency — “I know some, and I know what reeds are.” She replied honestly, “I can go get them.” On that note she took off back towards the River, grabbing what her mouth could carry of reeds. She dropped them at his feet. She tried to speak little, as not to distract him from his work. From her position in spectating, she came to the theory that he was a healer of some sort.

She spoke once more, just to get it off her chest: “Will he be okay?”
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
go ahead and skip me going forward <3

The last thing Anselm saw as he sunk to the ground was Raindrop’s swimming visage. His brow furrowed; didn’t he know her?

The tension in his face melted away as his thoughts faded to black. He was unaware of everything — he did not feel Raindrop lick his wounds, nor did he register Etienne’s familiar, lyrical voice. 

His body remained eerily still — his shallow breathing the only sign that he clung to life.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti looked at her a maelstrom of emotions in his gaze and sharp knowledge. He knew what he was doing or was at the very least confident he could keep him alive. But a lot of the hard work was for Anselm himself.

I don't be knowin' i can only 'eal so muc'. De rest be up to 'im.

Etienne jogged towards a nearby hive of honey bees and with a stick knocked it. It would be sticky and yucky but honey was a heck of an antiseptic.

He pulled the moss and pressed the reeds together against the wounds slathering honey and cobwebs to it. A furrow in his brow.

'oney will keep it from infection. A sticky mess, but will 'elp.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Raindrop sat idly by, ready to help if needed. But, it seemed that this man knew exactly what to do and how to do it. “Um,” she began, laying her ears slightly back in shyness, “I’m Raindrop. Who are you?” 

She’s met a few wolves before, but this man in particular seemed to be very caring, and gentle.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
The girl was a welcome sight. If he got shaky or worried he could look up and her presence grounded him. He would do what he could to help where he could. He wondered if he should then leave Anselm in her care. But he rather hated to leave the pretty face boy even if he'd been such a bully. He hated his good heart. He shoulda left him to his own demise if it was written.

He tilted an ear towards her. I be Etienne. We be packmates. And i be a 'ealer. Nice de meet you miss. Raindrop. Dough i be sorry for dey circumstance
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She listened to his kind words spoken through an accent. She had a few more questions, but didn’t want to overwhelm Etienne. She put that fact that he was also a pack wolf aside, there were more things to think about at the moment. — “Etienne, that’s a fine name,” she complimented, “As for the circumstance, I suppose it couldn’t have been controlled. Do you know, or have an idea what happened to him?” 
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti blinked and smiled. Graceful and sweet and dipped his muzzle down.

T'ank you. Most just be callin' me Eti.

He sniffed at some of the wounds as he cleaned and pressed.

Base on smell i say Big Cat.

Etienne stepped back and sighed, another paw going to readjust some of the gossamer webs.

Dat dere be de best i can do. Now it be up to 'im
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
“Eti”, she said to herself. But when he said big cat, her hackles raised, and it was as if she could feel every hair single rise. “A big cat?  I hope it’s far from here.” She tried to not seem alarmed, and brought her attention back to the case at hand. “I’d be willing to take care of him, if you must leave.” “Is there a safer place for him.” This she wondered, because if the cat came back, she didn’t want to come between.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti looked around. 'e couldn't 'ave gotten far from de cat. But we can't be movin' 'im eidder.

Etienne frowned at her question and shook his head.

I be stayin' de infection could set in or someting dat need my skillset, but you can be 'elpin'.

Eti stretched and cracked his neck. Once he out of de bad spot. We be movin' im. We need be keepin watch
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
His instructions were clear. They would keep watch on him, and for the big cat that did this damage. She laid back down, “That’s a good thing, because I don’t have much of anything in the way of healing knowledge.”

However, this would be a good time to learn more about their pack. And the surrounding area.
“So,” she began, “Where exactly are we? And what pack’s are near? I ask because I am somewhat new to the Wilds here. I just wander.”
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti smiled as she settled back down. He moved to sit curling tail around darkened paws. Golden eyes swept over Anselm again. A furrow inbetween showing his worry, but nothing more.

. Ot sure myself. I 'appened on 'im just by accident. Smell a blood drew me forward. On de coast dere be t'ree. Little way dat way be 1 ally wit' some of de coast wolves. Odder dan dat. Not sure.

He looked at the bully with a sigh. :: 'e and i be far from 'ome. :
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
So, there were more packs around. That was good to know, but she didn’t know where they were from. She simply nodded as he told her about the nearest locations, but then spoke: “Ya know, I’ve met Anselm before. Just briefly back a month or so ago when I first arrived here in the wilds. We never spoke, as I saw him from the bushes. He was bullied off a kill by some loner.” She explained a little bit of her situation, since she felt comfortable with Etienne. And being Anselm’s packmate, it seemed fit. 

Quote:By comfortable, I mean not threatened. ;) 
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He listened and then turned bright eyes towards the wolf in question. He hadn't had the same moments. But he could see it. There was usually a bigger bully out there and some bullies were bullied first. But it felt wrong to say Anselm was a bully when he couldn't defend himself.

So instead he said quietly. Dis surprises me, for dis wolf is pretty capable. But as dey say dere always be one bigger out dere.

Eti wasn't comfortable around many. Anselm and Wylla had shown him you couldn't trust easily, not even pack mates.

no worries
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
“I understand that, as I’ve encountered one of those types before. I find sticking to my own ground works out fine. However….” She replied, but as she was about to mention her past life, she stopped. She improvised: “It’s nice to have some company, even if it is temporary.” “I’ve seen so much of the wilds on my journey, I’ve been to the coast, which I loved, and more inland. I don’t know if I’d decide to ever settle or not.” She hoped she didn’t bore him, but it truly did feel good to have someone to talk with, and to relax.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti gave a wry chuckle. True enuff. I 'ave met a few like dis as well. Dey usually cowards deep down.

Eti sighed softly at the mention of the coast. He should go visit. They weren't far, not really. It might do him some good.

He notoced the hesitation. But it wasn't his place to question.

i be from de coast
Born dere. Left a'en my granme Roz doed. Too muc' deat'
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He told her that he’d met bullies as well, and the fact that he was originally born on the coast. But when his grandmother’s death was mentioned, her ears laid flat to the side, “Aw, I’m sorry. I've never experienced a death, but I know what losing family is like.” She thought back to when she was taken from her homeland, and her family.  “Anyway, on a lighter note, is there abundant prey in this area? Most any small prey will do.”
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
A sad look in his gaze. T'ank you

He didn't tell her he saw his uncle torn apart and broken. Or that his other granme had died right before. Or that he felt a failure as a healer because he couldn't save any of them. That he didn't want to be around family because he didn't want to make them sad, because he wore his granmes face in the shape of his mask and color.

Her next question he could answer. Yes dere be voles an' gop'ers near rocky places, sqirrels an' rabbits near de trees and fields. Weasels an' suc' too.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The thought of food made her stomach quietly rumble, she needed something to eat. “I’m going to go find something to catch. Hopefully it won’t take to long. If I can find anything, I’ll be right back.”
She explained to Etienne, be fore she trotted of with haste.  

Despite wolves not having a real concept of minutes, her venture took about thirty (30). Not to far from where they were, she found a small group of rabbits. One in particular, large and plump, caught her eye. She snuck through the trees, and in the grass, then leapt right on target. She grabbed it in her jaws, and trotted back.

“Here, Eti. We can split it.” The rabbit fell with a thump, and she tore part of it off for herself.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He wasn't that hungry. But he heard she was. He gave a firm nod and stretched out his toes. Nose finding thr pulse point on Anselm. He was still alive.

Though he wasn't hungry it felt rude to say no so he took his half and tore it in two. Burying the smaller more supple bites aside.

'e be needin' dem later. Even if the sea born boy had to force feed the mountain born boy.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He burrowed the extra meat away, which was a smart move. If Anselm did wake up, she supposed he’d be hungry. “That’s a smart idea.” 
Being that there wasn’t much more to say, she laid down again, licking her her chops, then paws, cleaning the fur and blood off them.

Quote:I’m gonna DM you, Eti and Anselm. Find out where this will go. ;)
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
do you guys want to fade this one and have another?

Etienne said nothing. He knew what he was doing. And Raindrop seemed to be along for the ride too.

He dropped his head to brown paws and tilted his ear forward.

I'll keep first watch go ahead and get some sleep.

He wanted to monitor Anselm and watch for the cat beast.