Dragoncrest Cliffs but you hate the very thought of me, atthis,
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
another year. another cycle. and now sapphique came to its time of rebirth, robust with a mix of older and younger generations.
another day. another hour that rosalyn was still with her.
erzulie swam easily along the cold coast, eyes closed as she let kelp lazily touch her with its cold brush.
the sea gave her serenity.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
There was new smells mixed in with his family. Especially from the many woman that made up the shores. He knew what it was instinctually, and he was lucky enough not to be too bothered by it, as of yet.

He was only a boy after all. Eti followed the well worn paths of the pack lands, of his packmates and came across his granme Erzulie. There as a part of Eti that loved all his family equally, but his granme's were special to him, though even Granme Roz was probably his highest love.

He wagged his tail at the sight of Erzulie and let loose a small chuff. He didn't wish to bother her, if she wanted silence and to be alone like he did on occasion.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"eti." she raised a paw and beckoned her grandson into the icy surf. "come to know de sea in all her temperatures," the woman invited. all of sapphique must learn to hunt and to fish and to swim in these waters, even when winter.
even when forbidding.
it was for this reason their coats stayed plush in many instances, only shedding somewhat in warmer months.
"how have you been?"
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Is this set before Quen and Sword come back?

Etienne moved boldly forward, and pressed into the surf. The water cut into him like ice, a small gasp left his lips, but he pressed them together and pushed onward anyway, until he was buoyant, but not loose.

He tilted his head and dipped his muzzle down, pressed into the surf, and then pushed it up with a small chuckle. The water arcing through the air.

I be alrite granme. Learnin' to let ot'ers make mistakes. Granme Roz tol' me dat. Dat I 'ave to let dem make deir own mistakes. Dat I can't 'old too tite.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
yeah! <3

rosalyn. she thought of sweet fondness of her wife who she had long loved. and her thoughts moved now also to @Jorunn.
soon the sea would stir their lover to her season. soon she and the other would go away and return with new life.
her heart raced. "she is right," erzulie declared. "all must be free to come an' go from these shores, my sweet kelp flower."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Alright Thanks

Etienne had a very soft spot for both his granme's, but there was a bond between him and Rosalyn that he couldn't quite explain. He liked that she ruled with silence more than speech. And she lead, but didn't press.

Eti pouted. It's awful 'ard Granme. Especially w'en dey do tin'gs dat get dem 'urt. Suzu got 'urted just the ot'er day cause she was too curious to stop and t'ink. It makes me nervous and i don't like to see Manman sad ever again.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie clucked her tongue. "it be hard to see any loved one hurt, eti. dat be why i became a medic, to work wid de medicine of de sea, to work fast when it be needed."
her grandson had the same sort of good heart; she wondered if she might impart this knowledge to him as she had given the look of the spirits to her son sobo.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Medic. There was a question in there, and he wasn't sure of his answer. He liked taking care of others, but he liked it in the sense of taking care of the younger ones. Teaching them, but he had a sense of accomplishment and pride when he had helped Suzu too.

I want to be able to 'elp if someone get's 'urt Granme. Like I did wit' Suzu w'en 'er got stung.

It seemed to make sense. If eh wanted to take care of the little ones then he should be able to heal all their hurts, right?
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie nodded, and began to start out of the sea. "i can teach t'ese t'ings to you, etienne. but it be requirin' a lot of knowledge. a lot of rememberin'." she looked gently at her sweet grandson, who looked so like her.
"can you do dis, do you t'ink, eti?"
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne paddled around a little longer and then followed his granme out of the sea. A furrow in his brow, and many thoughts on his mind.

I understand, granme.

A deep breath was taken. Expanding in and out and then a nod. I can do dis.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"good." erzulie shook out her streaming fur. "go down de beach here wid me. find kelp."
she did not specify which kind. each had their offerings. she wanted only to see what he chose.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
There were different types of kelp on the beach and it put a furrow in his brow, but he nodded and skipped a few steps ahead of her. Intent upon his mission. He nosed and grasped some red, green and brown and brought it back to his grandmother and lay it at her feet.

Then with a small step back he looked at her.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
three types of kelp. "we dry de brown leaves," she said to him. "dry dem till dey can be crushed into powder. sprinkle it upon a woun' dat bleeds to stop it. de green," she said, "we wrap around a cut or broken bone, only when de leaf be wet. as it dries, it tightens to a good dressing. an' de red." she showed etienne the thin, tiny veins running through the leaf. "cut it into strips and only use it for de most dire of woun's."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He studied it with golden eyes. The brown for drying. It stopped bleeding. he touched it with gentle paw. The green wrappings, kept it safe.

He stared curiously at the veins. Why only de most dire of wounds granme?

he stared at it with wide eyes, the veins had to be the reason, but why? What did they do that the other's didn't?
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"it be a very strong agent, little boy." she grinned. "too much of it can eat away de skin an' de flesh."
"use it on a woun' dat be bleedin' hard or stopped wid infection. dis kelp will cut it out."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti's paw dropped from touching it and he took a small step back, his ears to his skull.

Dat be a scary kelp, granme. He took a deep breath and moved back towards it. He almost didn't even want to touch it. But if it could get rid of blood and bile. Well, it was useful for sure.

Do you wrap it aroun' or make it dry and powdery like yer odder kelp?
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"cut it to bits, den wrap aroun'," she instructed. and soon that time would come again, though she did not know it.
"well. what do you be t'inkin' of all dis, eti?"
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne listened closely and stared at the red kelp with distrust in his gaze. It be a lot granme, but I be enjoyin' it. Dere be a lot to learn.

He sniffed at the kelp again and then back at his granme, waiting for her to tell him what else there maybe for him to work upon.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"an' i know you can learn it all." she pulled him closer with a grin. "come. i will give you sea urchin eggs. an' answer your questions." standing, looking over to see that he would come along.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne would follow his granme into the mist of the shore. Learn different things and have a tasty snack and all would be right in his world at the moment. That was all he wanted was everything to be right in the moment.