Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
when she left anselm, heda searched for @Etienne, returning first to where she had left ava. fussing over her daughter for a moment, she rocked back on her haunches and closed her eyes in what felt like a prayer.
and for once, anselm was included.
rivenwood waited.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
On paws of broken skin and scabs he walked towards whrre Ava lay resting. Heda was there or more so widow as she had preferred.

He took a moment to collect himself. Dig deeply for the patience to get through it all. A small smile and a dip of his nose downward.

'ello.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"hi, etienne." she fidgeted. what did he know? "i've — i want to know if ava can be moved. my sister's come back to the valley. i want us to go and be with her."
the golden eyes were gentle on him. she thought very highly of etienne despite all that had gone on. despite the fact she did not warrant it in return.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He said nothing. And he knew nothing. He could certainly make inferences, assumptions. And he knew Anselm at least enough to know most would be true. But it hurt too much to think about. And it felt disrespectful to both Heda and Anselm to make such assumptions.

He looked the girl over and nodded. 'er can be yes, but you must watc' for 'eadac's even now. And 'er still must rest for a time after your journey. I can come and see 'ow 'er is a few days after you arrive if you be wantin' me too.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda nodded, committing it all to memory. "are there any plants i can take or look for? anything i should be giving her? anything that says there's something really wrong?" she was stressed, worrying again; the trek over to the bypass had been hard enough for her without dragging ava along.
but she would have john and dinah to help.
"yes, i think that would be good, etienne." a pause. "just you, please."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne chewed on it for minute. He could send poppy and chamomile. Maybe some lavender.

I can give you a few tings to tale. Poppy for severe pain. Chamomile and lavender to keep 'er calm.

He nodded. Watc' for dizziness, slurrin' words or any type of clumsiness. If 'er is overly sleepy. And sick in de belly.

A nod. It will just be me. Unless you radder 'ave Fiona?

He wasn't fond of Fiona but if Heda wanted her instead he was okay with that because his thoughts didn't matter. Heda's did.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
she knew at least two of those plants, which made her feel better. a softening came to her face; she glanced toward ava and let her shoulders relax, relax. "just you. you're the — you're the only one i trust here."
tears stung her eyes. she let them fall and drew a long breath.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
She was loosening, softening. The stress lay heavy. The air thick with tension. If one were to breathe in to deeply it may get caught in chest like spores. And yet Etienne didn't know what to do with himself, with the moment. With anything.

Her words like a stab to his gut. He sucked in a small breath. This was his fault. Ahe had been his responsibility and he had failed.

I am sorry dat I 'ave broug't you un'appiness by bringin' your dodder and you 'ere. Truly sorry, 'Eda.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
the tears fell; "etienne, i was unhappy long before i made it here. god took everything from me, and then my children, one by one. you can't help that; you didn't cause it."
she focused on ava, begging the silent weeping to stop; she was so tired of grieving. of being weak.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
She was crying and his throat felt tight. He felt the deep seated grief. Knew how it felt. And it choked him. Without thought he leaned forward to curl his head around hers. To rub the tears from her muzzle and eyes.

Her scent didn't bother him in the moment. Too concerned to make her feel better. Though he was mindful not to jostle Ava.

I'm still sorry. 'Eda.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"i'm sorry too, etienne."
without a word or hesitation, she reached out for him too, inviting him into a hug of companionship that would not linger — if he wished.
the tired golden eyes were earnest.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne held her tight. Trying to ease some of her grief. Sometimes juat a deep tight hug was a balm for the rougest of sadness.

He was glad she had come back into his life even for so brief a time. It helped to heal a lot of the pain of his past. And was making headway for him to move forward.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
when they parted, she sighed, then recovered herself. "will you eat with us before i go?" she asked, searching his kind face with a warmth in her spirit.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Last from me. Thank you for the thread.

Etienne heard the sigh. She sounded so broken and sad. He wished he hadn't brought her here. It seemed he had made her pain tenfold. But she would be okay he hoped. Grief was not forever or at least the bite wasn't so sharp. he had found that out himself.

I will eat wit' you.

he would pass his time with her and her child. Eating and sharing small stories. perhaps it would give her insight to as why the boy stayed. And that perhaps all was not lost. That grief could be tabled for a time.