Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
current thread titles don't tell me by ruel

Etienne had watched over @Anselm tirelessly. Keeping his wounds cleaned, medicine on them. Watching for infection. @Raindrop helped where she could, but her skill didn't match Eti's so he relied on her for nourishment, conversation and guard duty. She reminded him only a little of Suzu and he missed that bond.

Today he had taken a brief moment to sit and reflect and he worried that he wouldn't be able to save Anselm and he had to come to terms with this. As much as the mountain boy hated him it seemed. Eti couldn't quite let him alone. It was sickening sometimes.

He sighed and looked him over, his own language jumping to his lips. Jis reveye, tanpri. Joli figi, kè lèd.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
A night had passed, and the sky was once again a beautiful blue, painted with strokes of fluffy white clouds. The Autumn breezes had begun 
to blow, cooling the land. Raindrop may not have been able to help with healing, but she provided security, company, and food. When Eti had decided to step away from Anselm, she kept her eyes on his sleeping body — Only leaving his side when Eti was there. “Your packmate is worried about you.” She whispered to Anselm, despite whether he could hear her or not. “Your lucky to have such a kind and caring one.”
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
For a day Anselm slept. He was tended to by both; Etienne rarely leaving his side and Raindrop tending where she could. Something spoke in his ear; two soft, murmuring voices. 

When he woke, the world was blurry along the edges and the metallic taste of blood rang in his mouth. 

He tried to stand, the shapes before him gradually materializing into figures — but before he could regain his footing he slouched again, consciousness nearly fleeing him.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne had noticed more stirring in the pretty face boy. So he stayed nearer than he had recently. Golden eyes on him. And he was granted a small success that Anselm almost ruined.

He tried to stand his knees buckling, his eyes swimming and Etienne barked with sharp voice. moun fou

He raced over, forgetting for a moment that Anselm may attack him or not caring one of the two.

W'at yo be t'inkin' Anselm! Movin' w'en you been almos' dead. Stop it. Let me look at you. May 'ave undid all dis 'ealin
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
It had all begun to happen within a day’s time. She had just come back from the creek when she saw Anselm trying to stand, and then slouching back to the ground. She trotted over, not that there was much she could do without Eti’s instruction, but she stood close. Eti had scolded him with a sharp, yet caring voice, and for good reason.

“Is there anything I can do, Eti?” She questioned, hoping she could be of some help. However, most of the healing was in Anselm’s hands. He could improve, or decrease at his will.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Around his wrist a garland of red; Anselm studied it deliriously, eyes jerking upwards as a sharp voice broke the quiet. 

A familiar voice. The shape that peered over him took form. Anselm’s unfocused eyes narrowed. 

He tried to push Etienne away, but in his reduced state it was hardly more than a feeble handwave. 

What had happened? Where was he? He remained prone as the memory of his last conscious moments returned to him. 

Water. A wolf in the reeds. 

Dark stripes in the foliage; the contrast so shockingly patterned and somehow, almost invisible at once.

He was too exhausted to think more. His gaze fell on Raindrop, but it was as if he were staring right past her. His mind was composing the injustice of his scenario.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti gave a soft noise. Fighting a growl. And tears pricked at his eyes this fool was undoing it all and he should just let him die! Why didn't he? But that was a question he didn't want to explore.

No unless you can be makin' dis moun sòt stop 'is movin'

Etienne moved in again dodging the paws. Anselm! You be dyin' you don't be lettin' see if i miss any damage from de cat. Stop tryin' to get up.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She held her tongue, as tension grew between the healer and the hurt. And since raindrop didn’t really know Anselm all that well, or Etienne, she couldn’t really chose a side to stand with.

“I wish I could.” She said, turning her head to Etienne, then to Anselm, “Etienne has done nothing but help you out. You’re hurt, and your story could have ended differently, had it not been for Eti and his healing abilities.” “The least you could do is listen to him.” She kept her voice cool but stern.

She became quiet once more, as she had said her piece. Whether it had any effect on Anselm, she didn’t know. But she knew for certain that there was something deeper going on between Eti and Anselm.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Ringing in his ears. 

His vision blurred. 

Etienne’s melodic voice. It stirred Anselm to life; two emotions mixing in yin and yang - resentment, and some other nameless, softer emotion he dared not breathe into life. 

A woman’s voice too. Anselm’s blurry gaze fixed upon her. He felt nauseous. Bile pressed against his throat, splattering at his feet with an acrid curl.

He wiped a paw across his burning lips. The world was topsy turvy and it was all he could do to force words from his hoarse throat. Vhere are we??
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti flitted sround him unsure what he could do exactly if Anselm didn't stop moving. He was gonna make himself fall over and then where would they be.

Eti dare not fixate on his own thoughts emotions. They were too heavy to name. And he deserved better part of him knew this. The other part that he wouldn't touch wondered.

Eti frowned. Stop it. Sit you down. We at de Odder creek. You mite 'ave concussion. Need some water.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He had finally spoken, a question arising. He asked their location after he had expelled whatever was in his stomach, and because of this, she felt faint for a moment, sort of an anxious feeling. She gathered her mind back to one thing. She heard Etienne mention water, “I can go get water.” She volunteered, antsy to move away from the bile as soon as possible. “I’ll be back.” And off she went, almost cantering to the creek.
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Anslem carried little shame for the mess made at his feet. Meanwhile Etienne flitted about him like a bluejay, disapproving. 

It was not in the boy’s nature to be obliging — but exhaustion won out, and he finally sat down. In doing so he felt the full extent of his injuries; his skin burned and throbbed with insult. 

The three-beat sound of Raindrop’s canter carried on well after Anselm lost sight of her. He turned his sulky gaze to Etienne. Vhat have you done to me?
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne reeled back as if slapped and stared for a beat of a minute.

You dare to ask suc' a t'ing w'en i been tryin' keep you alive for days. I do not 'ave black 'eart like you.

He blinked and took another step back. Furious and hurt and unsure why. A deep even breath.

I found de girl wi' you. You reek of cat an infection. 'Oney for your wounds, aloe, reeds to stop blood loss. Den I watc' over you nite an' day. You t'ink you survive den fine. I be goin'

I was a fool try an' 'elp you, ti gason dyab

Eti turned and began to walk away. He pushed his healing supplies to side turned his head once.

reed for blood, 'oney for infection, aloe to soot'. Good luck, Anselm

Then he snorted and turned, tears pricking the golden of his eyes. His heart heavy. But he held his head high as he walked away. He had done nothing wrong. He had done his best.

Eti out unless stopped
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
222 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Before Raindrop came back from the creek, she could hear them before she saw them. Etienne was upset, and apparently Anselm caused it. She walked toward Anselm, but much to her dismay, the mess was still there. She scrunched her nose as she approached him, dropping a wad of wet moss soaked with water. “lick this if you’re thirsty. Water’s important.” She said simply. Then she realized, Etienne had walked off, in the opposite direction. She trotted about 5 feet from him. “If you want to leave, I understand. But, What do I do if you won’t be here?” Yes, she had watched Eti work on him, he used Reeds, Honey, and Aloe. But perhaps words would reassure her.

Quote:I’m not stopping him. :D
Active weekdays: 
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Anselm should have known his words were careless. He did not care. The burn of Etienne's gaze upon him only served to stoke his flowering indignity.

He was too proud -- and perhaps too stupid -- to offer apology now. Etienne cast the wares he'd used to tend Anselm aside, and it was then Anselm's gaze turned from sulky to dull.

Of course, he recognized he was dead without Etienne. He knew this in his heart, but he refused to speak it.

Off you go then. He replied dourly, painstakingly crossing one paw over the other in a grimace. Every muscle hurt and he knew he would regret his bullheadedness later.

Raindrop returned; Anselm supped from the moss thirstily, watching as she turned away to speak to Etienne privately. Anselm had no interest in begging and stubbornly turned his back to both of them, at his own great pain.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne would not accept an apology anyway because it would not be meant. But he did dearly wish the pretty face wasn't so sulky and his gaze would burn in his minds eyes for days to come. Though he did offer a small olive branch.

His words quiet for Raindrop.

I will go to de coast it isn't far. I will 'ear if you 'owl for me. Reeds for blood, 'oney for infection, aloe for de soot' call if I am needed, but i will not stay an' be blame for w'at i didn't do.

Etienne looked at Amselm sadly. 'e be stubborn don't let 'im pus' you aroun'

Etienne is out, but if either of you would like another let me know. <3 and he won't let Anselm die. If it fits your stories and you don't want threads it can be pped that he checked in with Raindrop or even Anselm. But probably raindrop.
Rivenwood
Birch
429 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Etienne took Raindrop aside; Anselm refused to listen in to their murmured voices. Perhaps cruelly, he refused to acknowledge Etienne leave, too.

Raindrop hung around dutifully. Anselm endured bits of her conversation but after a while grew tired. His eyes closed and before long he was away in a world of sleep - absolutely callously ungrateful to the soul who saved his life.