Bearclaw Valley Saturday I said "I'm Sorry"
Bearclaw Valley
Regina*
840 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Thank you for sharing that! This is kind of perfect!

Ameline meandered in a clockwise pattern, along the ridgeline. If she wandered very close to the cliff's edge, she could look right down into the peaceful valley below- She scanned to the left and to the right, assessing the size of the valley, wondering if that might be enough space. Her eyes fell back to the river, noticing with light surprise that the little island was actually a number of little islands and rocks- and that it looked very much like a bear's pawprint. She smiled; she would have to bring Ancelin here and show him. 

She continued to roam along, eyeing the waterfalls as they came into sight until she heard a great, garish roar that froze her in her tracks. The sound had come from down in the valley, she was sure of it- but it had echoed up somewhere else, somewhere to her left, a moment later. She couldn't quite tell if it was the roar of a wolf or a bear- but she knew for certain that it wasn't Ancelin's voice. 

She turned to make a dash back toward the entrance to the valley and within moments, found herself tumbling into darkness. Once she stopped tossing over and over, she looked up to realize she'd fallen right into some sort of cave. She poked her head up and out- as if to see if anyone had witnessed her fall- before she turned around, and looked further into the cave....It twisted and turned, but seemed to continue and through it, she could smell fresh air. 

She remembered the tunnel at Sapphique that led down to the ocean, and all at once, she understood. This was not a cave at all, but a passageway down through the cliffs and into the valley!

She moved along, following the scent of a wolf- male she could tell- as it led down and toward a growing light at the end of the tunnel. There were a couple tufts of pale fur left behind, at the most narrow point in the tunnel, a sign she was likely following a wolf much larger than she. Still, she pursued. 

She followed his trail as it led toward the waterfall. Ancelin and the others, she figured, might be closer to the valley's entrance and potentially safe. 

She caught sight of the creature, noting the wolf-like tail it had, though the thickness of its body and rising bulk of its shoulders gave the illusion of a leucistic bear. Lilia bristled slightly, and chuffed, keen to see what kind of a face the creature had- and if it intended any harm.
Messages In This Thread
Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - November 10, 2023, 04:43 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Drust - November 11, 2023, 09:45 AM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - November 13, 2023, 12:51 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Drust - November 20, 2023, 09:25 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - December 04, 2023, 03:56 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Drust - December 20, 2023, 10:06 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - December 29, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Drust - December 29, 2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - January 08, 2024, 04:55 PM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Drust - January 14, 2024, 11:29 AM
RE: Saturday I said "I'm Sorry" - by Ameline - January 22, 2024, 01:35 PM