Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Pack Formation 

Her voyage down to the flower-filled copse brought her closer to the mountain range just Southwest of where the Rise was. What existed between the Rise and the Sunspire Mountains was simply a marsh, a long flat stretch of tall swamp grass and little ponds where ducks gathered to raise their hatchlings. The smell, however, wasn't terribly desirable- so in an attempt to skirt the swamp, Lilia headed into the foothills, and was drawn to higher ground to seek shade from the forest of willows at the range's edge. 

The cool mountain air was refreshing; still believing that she'd been born on a glacier, she revelled in every moment she spent on a mountain where the scents brought her a sense of familiarity. She began to ascend, wary of tricky ledges that might give away beneath her, until something else brought her to a halt- the scent of a pack's borders. She snuffled around for a bit, identifying a few different scents along the borders, though none of them were known to her. 

She gazed out over the distance, where she could see the elevation of the Rise in the distance. They weren't too far away at all from this pack- so why had she never heard of them before? Perhaps they were new. 

Hoping for some answers which might be valuable, she waited, hoping that one of the residents might pass by soon enough, and give her some answers.
"Hurt any o' 'em and yer gonna 'ave me fangs at yer throat."
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Void got the last pack-pack interaction :3 Imma snatch first

The daunting figure of the heavily-pregnant she-Alfa was out marking the borders she so carefully marked the day Void had told her otherwise. She was glad to see that he had accepted her and Kiche's markings as part of the land they would forevermore call home. 

There was a wolf on the wind, drawing her attention forward. This one, however, unlike the rest of the canines she now held under her authority - like precious pups... even though some were older than her, this wolf smelled heavily of others. 

Odd. 

Hallo? she questioned, though she could not help but feel the fur along her spine rise.
May you live as long as you want,
and never want as long as you live.
Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
hehehe! Any other pack members are welcome too- just thought ya could use one more pack establishment thread that is mutually beneficial :3 I'm cool with no posting order if more join!

Lilia looked up when she caught the scent of another wolf on the breeze. When she came into sight, the woman's appearance made Lilia's brow raise. Not only was she strikingly attractive, she was also very pregnant. She was tall in a way that made Lilia envious of the height her shoulders reached- and she bore some scars which indicated that she was likely a skilled fighter as well. Currently, however, probably more inclined toward having a peaceful interaction which was just as well. Pregnant or not, Lilia got the feeling that if she felt so inclined, this woman could easily fling Lilia from the mountainside with ease. 

"Hiya," She greeted, somewhat casually, but with a bob of her head. This was claimed turf, after all- she had to mind her manners. "I'm Lilia, I'm from Redtail Rithe," She said, and gestured toward the lone rise of elevation just visible in the distance due to their elevation. "I'm a thcout, an' guardian- wath jutht on my way back when I caught your thent-markingth," She said, hoping to establish herself as a benign passerby. "You, uh, new?" She asked.
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Aye. Pack-welf from up ta way, eh? Nice ta meet cha, Lee...lee...ya- Meylodi said, pronouncing her name slowly and carefully, adding a Sorry - I 'ave a bit o' trouble sayin' names. Me tongue's no' quite up ta par wi'h t'ose of welves 'round 'ere. 

She chuckled, looking the newcomer over. Lilia was smaller than her, but well-built with a pretty pelt if the Alfa had to admit it. Quite well enough for a pack already, so she didn't offer her join, as she had the ones that had came prior. That, and she did not seem interested in it. An' yah. We be se'lin' 'round 'ere. Me, me mate, some o'hers an' pups dat be coming soon. Radtail Rise, eh? Ne'er 'eard of 'em. Only packs me know be da Moons. Me mate be from one o' them.
Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
She blinked, as the woman spoke with a heavy accent that was somewhat familiar, but not entirely. She thought Meylodi sounded a bit like Njord and his family, though there were some differences as well in their pronunciation. She'd given up on assuming that all wolves who spoke similarly must be from the same area, as she'd begun to learn that accents could stretch far and wide, and could travel with the wolves who spoke with them. "you thound fine," She said, with a slightly envious smile. She wished she had an accent too, at times, especially when she heard the wolves of Sapphique speak. 

She was somewhat relieved to hear that the pack was new- which indicated that she hadn't been simply missing the pack all along. For all the scouting she did, she would have felt pretty dumb if this pack had been here all along, just beyond the marsh, the willows, and up into the mountains. They weren't too close, not close enough to have an impact on the prey, she thought, but still close enough that they were definitely of interest, now. 

Their band sounded small, which was encouraging. Perhaps they wouldn't over-reach with their hunting, especially now that they knew the Rise was nearby. "The moonth?" She asked. It sounded somewhat familiar, but a bit odd regardless. Apparently, there was more than one pack that fell into that description. "Oh, like Moonthpeauh," She said, remembering the name of one of the packs at last. They were relatively distant, so they weren't much of a problem, she thought. Coming closer, though, if one of their former members was founding a pack here. 

They had allies, then, so long as this wolf's mate had left peacefully. "We bin there fuh yearth now," She said. It wasn't necessarily the truth, but the rise had existed before she'd been born, so it very well could have been true as far as she was concerned. "Nektht to Thapphique- they live near the cliffth along the beach," She explained. "What'th your pack'th name? Uh, an' yourth?" She asked.
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Me name be Meylodi. Me mate's name be Void. We be ta Alfas. The she-wolf from Redtail had an odd way of speaking, but nothing she couldn't understand. It came rather easily to the foreigner, perhaps due to her heritage. Meylodi found it another source of pride. We be plannin' on tourin' ta moun'ins an' le'ing ta packs 'round 'ere know, bu' 'tween me, er... belly an' fourmin' ta pack, 'aven't had ta time. Should be soon enough, though.

She nodded respectfully, sitting and curling her tail around her paws. Minnight Scar be ta name o' us. I zhink tar be... five?... Kiche, Moorhen, Pali, her and Void, and maybe another. So many new names and faces, she had to think before she spoke for sure. Six. Six o' 'em. Yes.
Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Meylodi; well, now Lilia felt disappointed not only in how she measured up to the alpha, but in how bland her own name sounded in comparison. She was also living the sort of life that Lilia wanted as well- with a partner, expecting children, leading a pack that she was founding, plus it just so happened that they'd chosen to settle on the side of an inactive volcano. Her future children practically had cool stamped onto their pedigree already. 

She took note of their numbers, and decided the pack seemed to have a healthy enough number to support a litter of children- though perhaps they'd also be busy enough with a brood that they would not necessarily be able to afford to send someone out on a mission. 

"Oh, wull," She said, with a shrug, more than willing to be helpful to someone who'd acheived basically all of her life goals. "I can let my pack know, an' Thapphique too." She said. No doubt the sea wolves would be keen to know who else was settling in the area- plus it would give her an excuse to pop by and surprise her beau while he was currently helping the seaside pack out. "That way you don't hafta travel that far, thinthe, uh," She said, gesturing to the woman's midsection. "Yuh gonna pop thoon, eh?" She noted, hoping it wasn't too cheeky for her to put it in such words. "I like kidth. Kidth are fun. Thethe gonna be yuh firtht oneth?"
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The black wolf nodded, happy for the assistance in getting the word out for their band of merriment. Dat is very kind o' ya. I'd bet tey'd like ta meet as well. Can be arranged, I s'pose. 

The wolfling looked as such, and seemed to admire her. It was new to the she-Alfa but not unwelcome - she supposed she'd have to get used to admiration. Seeing it in a young wolf's eyes, not even her own but of some other pack down the mountain, seemed all the more special than her own packmates. 

Her proud northern heart grew. 

Ya. Tey be me first. Should be popping soon. Kickin' me ribs, ta li'el figh'ers. Though I'd like an 'ealer come up 'ere and make sure I be good fer 'em when tey get 'ere. Don't got one, ya see, though we got a nice li'el lass who be wan'in' ta learn.
Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
She appreciated the praise. 'I'll thee if they can thend thomeone," She said. It would be up to the Sapphique leaders whether or not the felt a leader should come to them, but she'd leave that up to the daunting seawolves to decide. For Meylodi's sake, the least she could do was volunteer the idea since it wasn't likely a good idea for her to travel that far when she was this far along. 

"Oh," She murmured, when Meylodi voiced something that Lilia saw as another opportunity as well. The pack seemed to be without a medic, and without someone to be a midwife- and given the fact that it was her first litter, Lilia could understand why she might have some apprehensions. "Huh. Well, y'know, I might know thomeone who might be able to help with that, too," She said. Of course, she didn't want to bend over backwards helping the new pack out, without the promise of something in return- but debts were valuable once they were collected. Sending a medic might give them a better idea of what the wolves of Midnight Scar were really like, anyway- they could use the intel. 

"I can thkip back home, an' thee if maybe we can thend one of ourth, to help you with the birth, or at leatht give you a pre-birth checkup," Not being a healer herself, Lilia wasn't sure exactly what Meylodi would need, but she felt confident that Ashlar or Masque would. She thought the latter might be interested in the task given how invested they'd been in helping with the litters born into the Rise so far this year. "How'th that thound?" She asked.
182 Posts
Ooc — Kai
The dark muzzle of the Alfa nodded. Tat would be quite nice, yes. Moorhen had taken quite the interest in her, and seemingly had experience with helping she-wolves give birth. But she had said nothing about run-of-the-mill healing. For all she knew, they didn't have one yet.

Besides, perhaps a healer wolf could tell Void he needed to respect himself enough to sleep when he felt tired. Maybe that was the push he needed.

Mebbe one of 'em can teach our li'el lass a thing or two while tey here. Wants to be a medic an' all. 

On that train of thought, perhaps her mate could teach the little dog what he knew, and give her something to work with. There was still so much to do, and she feared the work would never end. Darlin' li'el wolflin' like ya be'er git goin'. Git t'er safe like, now, ya 'ear?
Pledged
Bearclaw
804 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
"Hmm, maybe," She agreed. After all- they had sent Ancelin to Sapphique to help out with their patrols following the loss of several pack members at the claws and jaws of a bear- perhaps they could lend someone out to teach Midnight Scar's aspiring medic too. But these were decisions for Avicus to make, not Lilia- she would simply relay the news and the request for help, and allow her Wealda to decide how much she wanted to invest in their new neighbours. 

Regardless, she was keen to get started, and head toward Sapphique with news before returning to the Rise, and Meylodi seemed to sense that Lilia had gathered enough information now. "Thankth, Meylodi. Nithe ta meetcha," She said, before tipping her head, and heading down the mountainside in the direction of the ocean.