The Heartwood Never opened myself this way.
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
549 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther couldn't help himself. He returned to the plains to try and trace his leaders' path, bringing with him only @Sulukinak, who he was reluctant to leave behind again. On the short trip, he accepted that he was afraid they all would disappear — but if he brought her with him, she would not.

But the trail had long since faded. There had been nothing to find. He found a place to sleep and tried to settle in, but his worries plagued him. Leaving the shadow girl to rest, he wandered listlessly through the woods.

He did not find Ariadne — but he did find someone. The trail was fresh, and he followed it until he had the unfamiliar wolf in sight. Close enough then for her to catch his own scent — would she recognize it as something Chakliux had carried, as he recognized her?

"Peace be," he said in quiet greeting. He thought, unwittingly, that she shaded a coat pattern with his baby sister, not realizing it was a closer match with his own. "You are Ciri. A seal hunter said this name to me."
Messages In This Thread
Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 02:15 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 02:41 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 03:29 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 03:47 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 04:02 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 17, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 11:45 PM