Ocean's Breath Plateau sweetness, I want a tap on your heart
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
555 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
What did he want? It was so difficult to say! He had always felt he had all there was to want, even without a mate at his side. The want he felt for a wife or children had always been abstract, second to the life he was already enjoying.

But now these wants had been given shape. He thought fleetingly of Tulugak, who had sank her teeth into his spirit before her departure. She was one of the very few women he'd met and felt no need to tuck into his shadow for safe-keeping. They could have cared for each other, couldn't they?

Why hadn't he followed her? Oh, he knew why! But why hadn't he even considered it?

"I don't have a family," he replied, after realizing the seal hunter wanted an answer. "I thought I wanted Moonsong to be my family — but there is no Moonsong, now. Not really."

He spoke in frustration, not knowing whether he meant these words or not. Some of the anger he'd been suppressing welled up again, and finally, Dutch let it fill him. He blew a harsh breath through his nose, his expression darkening.

"She and that man have brought my fears to fruition — but it is my own fault for hoping things would go differently."

He was not angry with Ariadne. Not really, at least. He was angry with himself, and angry that he could not stay, and angry with Chakliux for failing to make him.

And then he was not angry at all.

"If moonwoman tells me that Moonsong should disband — I want to come here," he said. He turned a another searching look on the other man. "I will bring my girl. We would dwell with you and your family. We would make your lodge bigger. I would make your home my home."
Messages In This Thread
sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 01:06 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 18, 2024, 01:23 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 02:27 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 18, 2024, 02:34 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 02:50 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 18, 2024, 03:06 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 03:15 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 18, 2024, 03:45 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 04:09 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 18, 2024, 04:52 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 05:18 PM
RE: sweetness, I want a tap on your heart - by Chakliux - January 19, 2024, 06:43 PM