Neverwinter Forest Monza
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
551 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
This was fascinating to Dutch, but it was all a little out of left field. He listened with an expression akin to a layman listening to a rocket scientist's collegiate lecture, and at the end, blinked as if someone had snapped their fingers in front of his face. It reminded him of his mother, in a way, and so when he was challenged for a story, he had one ready to go.

"Ah — you remind me of my mother," he told her. "She knows strange magics, too. She was never one to use them — not that I knew of, at least. Not until she told me of my brother, Anurag."

Here, he paused for dramatic effect.

"He was my littermate, though I have no true memories of him," he said to Ceridwen. "He was born very weak, and when my mother saw that he would not make his first month, she breathed his life back into her body. And we did not see him again for many years. We lived our lives as if he had died with his body, though my mother always spoke of him as fondly as the rest of us. And it was in this season that she came to me with a young man — one who looked very like me, and who possessed the heart of many in our line. One who was called Sumac at birth, but whose family had since been lost to him. My mother used women's magic to breath the life of my brother into this man. Now he carries the name Anurag as well — beloved, in my father's tongue. And my brother walks the earth once more."

It was not so long or involved a tale as her own, but it was meaningful to Dutch.
Messages In This Thread
Monza - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 03:58 PM
RE: Monza - by Dutch - February 10, 2024, 04:18 PM
RE: Monza - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 04:53 PM
RE: Monza - by Dutch - February 11, 2024, 06:05 PM
RE: Monza - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:29 PM
RE: Monza - by Dutch - April 01, 2024, 12:01 AM
RE: Monza - by Ceridwen - April 14, 2024, 03:35 AM
RE: Monza - by Dutch - May 14, 2024, 06:15 PM
RE: Monza - by Ceridwen - May 17, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: Monza - by Dutch - May 22, 2024, 07:04 PM