Moonsong Glacier the duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
551 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther was touched, even though he assumed it was a largely very political gesture. Could heart and politics not mix? He stepped forward to accepted with a dip of his head and a murmur of heartfelt thanks.

"It is more than you were asked for!" he replied with a sweep of his tail. "I appreciate your thoughtfulness, my friend." For they must be friends, if they were to exchange such gifts.

As for Morningsong — Dutch did not correct the man on the name of the pack, for he would surely find them asking after either name.

"We fare well," he said, pun intended, as he looked to the glacier as well. "It was getting too big for us. Our numbers dwindled. I grew lonely for the company of my brothers. Now we life between them in the deepwood. Close to the villages of Moontide and Moonglow."

He turned more fully to Rusalka.

"But you still have friends among us, if you ever have need of them," he assured the man. "I can see that you are a man with a great heart for his family. For this alone, I feel moved to extend such an offer. And for this!" He nudged the gift. "How can I do otherwise when my wife and my niece and my nephews will enjoy this meat tonight?"

He gazed intently at Rusalka.

"How does your family fare? I'd like to hear their names, if you have the time to share them!"
Messages In This Thread
RE: the duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent - by Dutch - May 22, 2024, 07:43 PM