Deepwood Weald aquvatigun
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
555 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther frowned, wondering what Valiant would think of this apology and, for the first time in a while, wishing he were nearer. But he decided he would not ask him the next time they met; for Ariadne had humbled herself before him, and he did not mean to drag her any further at this level.

"I forgive you," he said simply, still a little stunned by the development. His tail gave a tentative wag, and his whole body seemed to soften, untensing. "I am glad you are home, cloud woman. It is good to see your face."

He meant this, and he meant it when, more seriously, he said, "I hope that any you associate with give you the time of day. You have hurt me, but you are my friend. This does not give me the right to disrespect you."

Not that she'd been an awfully good friend. But he was a good one, and part of that was giving second chances where second chances could and should be allowed. He believed her to be young and foolish but quickly learning — and she had already paid so dearly a price on her own.

"Will you tell me of your journey?" he asked her, more lightly once more.
Messages In This Thread
aquvatigun - by RIP Ariadne - May 27, 2024, 12:52 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by Dutch - May 27, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by RIP Ariadne - May 27, 2024, 01:23 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by Dutch - May 27, 2024, 08:25 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by RIP Ariadne - May 28, 2024, 04:08 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by Dutch - May 29, 2024, 07:13 PM
RE: aquvatigun - by RIP Ariadne - May 30, 2024, 12:23 PM