Bearclaw Valley been working so hard
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
there was a dark strain of self-loathing that coursed through indra, who had bitterly realized she had done to nunataq and marten what had been done to her. realizing both of her parents had moved on in more ways than one, had other families -- it had been a defining moment in indra's life.. and a particularly depressing one. she drew a deep sigh as marten's sweet face and stirring tail paused: would he loathe his brother, resent him as indra had done to reek, and his children?

her breath hung baited, and a wash of relief chased out the cold anxiety that seeped through her bones -- marten accepted merrick with the most curious of expressions. she scanned his face hungrily for any sign of betrayal or hurt, and saw none.

gently, the refleaf stepped around merrick's sleeping form and brushed marten with a gentle touch. "that's merrick." it was understandable marten didn't have a good conception of what 'brother' meant. she scrambled for the definition, and settled for "like family - like nunataq and piper and wyatt and lucas, or me and laurel."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
been working so hard - by Marten - June 30, 2018, 12:03 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Indra - June 30, 2018, 01:11 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Marten - June 30, 2018, 03:58 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Indra - June 30, 2018, 04:06 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Marten - June 30, 2018, 04:21 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Indra - June 30, 2018, 04:44 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Marten - June 30, 2018, 05:00 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Indra - July 03, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Marten - July 06, 2018, 12:56 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Indra - July 06, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: been working so hard - by Marten - July 31, 2018, 10:25 AM