Moonspear my wings are fire, and you cannot break my will
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

Their family was getting smaller. Revui might not have been very close to the Yams, not like he was with Arcturus, but he still felt the absence and disliked that such a thing could happen under his watch. The mountain was under his guard while Hydra and Lyra were absent from it, and for them to return to another sibling missing—it was maddening, a failure Revui had not encountered before. He was full of rage and endless energy, sleeping very little as he patrolled the weathered routes of the mountain and beyond it.

Then, when Arcturus returned from his own attempt to hunt down their siblings, Revui turned upon his route and charged. He was not angry with his shadow for doing what he could; he was angry at all his losses, at his own inexperience and many avenues of investigation gone dry. Yet he needed something to pummel, something to release his frustrations upon, and when Revui found his brother's trail on this day he zeroed in and began a new hunt. Upon spotting his swarthy figure along a ridge, Revui did not call out or greet him—instead he locked him in his sights, and shot across the mountainside after him.

The ensuing collision was narrowly avoided; as soon as Revui was near enough to see his brother's defeated expression, the weight of loss and sorrow hanging off of him, his anger was gone. The stampede of his steps concluded with a skid, and he rested there while the dust settled, then crooned a sad note to his brother.
Messages In This Thread
RE: my wings are fire, and you cannot break my will - by Revui (Ghost) - October 18, 2018, 05:41 PM