Moonspear show them you are made of oak and iron. then gouge the sight from their eyes
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
She listed the rest of the family and he agreed, but did not say anything or make motion; the power in her words was a little bit overwhelming. Yes, they were all there too - strong in their own ways, versatile and helpful and always at his flank in case of problems, but for Revui it didn't matter as much. All that mattered was Arcturus. As long as the shadow was there with him, they could do anything. They would do anything - find this creature of the black-woods, kill him if need be, rend his allies in to pieces.

But then the conversation took another turn. His ears flicked back and he huffed, refusing to answer such a leading question. Beyond not wanting to talk as a general rule, Revui did not wish to expound on his limits, for he felt he had none. He did not know how to answer because he was strong, he was fast, he knew the tactics and he had been trained, and where he failed his brother would compensate in the many ways that he did. They were one unit, together. Perhaps - he thought of this vaguely, slowly, for his mind did not work as swift as others - perhaps that was his weakness.

Dependence, he slurred, unsure if it is the right phrase or the right inflection, a string of sounds he's heard before but never really identified with. He swallows the word back down, thinks about it, and continues: I am stronger with others, but if I am alone - am I weakened? Am I.. not enough?  From what he was gathering in this lesson, he would need the aid of his family in whatever battle they were to fight; but what if he was separated? He was fast, he was strong - but alone, in the worst case scenario, would he freeze again and would he die by their teeth?