Dragoncrest Cliffs every demon wants his pound of flesh,
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician

Her ears flickered at the mild praise, a Think-nothing-of-it look in her eyes, before slicking back once more. She did listen to him, though, and blinked at the mention of “mate” and “skayona”. If anything, Aure was the one who should’ve been appreciative; speaking of a lost loved one, whichever kind, tended to bring pain to the heart no matter how long ago it happened. The gilded male had drudged up such for her sake—perhaps, both of theirs, to alit in different perspective for Aure to weigh like medallions.

Further humbled by what she took to be a generous gesture, she lent, gently, ”Your mate sounds very wise. Someday, I hope to behold at least half of the perseverance she has.” Eyes, as argent and softened like stardust, found his own for a moment. ”Thank you for telling me about her, Dio.”

Arching her neck back, her pink nose scrunched in discomfiture. ”Ze only reward I will ever wont for is several months’ worth of sleep,” she grumped, but her tone was wry, a tired curl at the corner of her lips. ”If there is ever a day where Drageda allows for that to happen, I will forever be in its debt.” She sat back, reclining onto her haunches and passing her thin tail about her, once again considering all that he’d told her.

”My Rhaesuial was a haven—and remains so, I should hope. There is a part of me that is grateful for ze hectic airs, for no shortage of inpatients. But... we never waged wars; only healed ze soldiers of another’s.” She gave a light shake of her head, and took her gaze to the sea. ”It’s to be expected, I suppose... all of this... activity. I never truly had ze leisure to experience it, to grow with it; adapt to it before I dispersed. I try to not doubt my repitoire, learning as I still am. But... truly learning...”

Another shake of her head, as if she couldn’t figure out how to explain herself. ”I cannot promise I will be a stellar opkepa or skayona, myself, but ze least I can do is to try. I hope... that might be tolerable, for now.”

wanna fade out in a few more posts?
Messages In This Thread
every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Andraste - December 25, 2018, 03:35 PM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Dio - December 26, 2018, 01:08 AM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Andraste - December 26, 2018, 08:08 PM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Dio - January 08, 2019, 01:56 AM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Andraste - January 10, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Dio - January 16, 2019, 03:14 AM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Andraste - January 16, 2019, 05:23 AM
RE: every demon wants his pound of flesh, - by Dio - January 23, 2019, 01:01 AM