Hushed Willows yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
With Vonnaruil back in her life, she had finally been able to find her footing. And now that Verx had practically marked his place in her life, too, it only gave her more leverage to perhaps situate herself better on the cliffs. Perhaps. At her center, though, she still retained some dewy-eyed, girlish part of her; and perhaps too naive, too trusting, teetering about her first love with the gangly inexperience that comes with it all. In that rare, practical part of her mind, she knew placing so much faith on so few shoulders... wasn't the wisest.

No, she didn't simply want to love anyone for the sake of romance, without loving herself. But, as with everything, she was unaware of the way her own words would register to others, how they could overwhelm -- much less to herself. Aure was at her center, too, a numerous walk of contradictions; to figure herself out was like trying to conquer a spring flock, or take on the salmon run all by yourself. "War, death... it makes me cling to ze only good I believe I have left in life. I would not like to become a smotherer, either. Ze sort of mother who... has no life outside of her mate, her children. Who is wrought with worry for romance; who coddles her children well past their sixth month." Perhaps she would, in time, come to dampen her dreamy-eyed delusions before she brought herself pain.
For now, though, she'd blame the horomones; they had to have some part in this, turning her into some gullible, blushing bride and all. "You make many points," she mused, casting yet another thoughtful look to the willows. "I feel as if... I simply see myself that way. To them, they may believe I am truly worthy, of course. All of this ruin, all of this grief... I do not like to be in my own head. And this makes me so. It has to be all of this." She gave a gentle, exasperated shake of her head.

A soft sigh left her, then, "It feels... relieving to have somebody to talk to about this. I could, of course, confide in the kru, ze friends I've made, and in my love, but... but, no. There is too much sorrow. I wouldn't... I wouldn't want to bring my plights into this; not until there is some healing, when there's already so much to be done." Her pale jaw worked, then, in uncertainy. "I flit from emotions and thoughts as one steps from light to shadow, as I have now. I... I cannot ground myself, in that sense." Another sigh. 

"What I would like to do, however, would be to remain in close contact with Elysium. Having come from a sanctuary myself, I understand that you refrain from war -- well, as far as fighting is to go." Aure re-situated herself then, her hind legs a little pigeon-toed to accomodate for a bump that had yet to even come. "I would not want to involve such a prosperous place in such... turmoil. However, I do come to ze Herbalist's Cache frequently; I am more than willing to meet either yourself or other leadership there, if need be."
Messages In This Thread
RE: yes, i'm positive there's just one baby in there - by Andraste - February 07, 2019, 04:15 PM