Dragoncrest Cliffs ❝i am❞ is set, delicate and detailed as an insect in amber to each child
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
She'd known the answer even before it left Blodreina's lips; all they could do was what they already were attending to. Only to have some sense, some semblence of order that remained amidst such a loss. However, she hadn't expected the ferocity with which the gone bit out her next words -- which was peculiar of Aure, herself, given that Blodreina was everything but not-fierce. Beginning to gnaw at the inside of her cheek, the skayona told herself that Blodreina simply meant that only a singular child of the sea could amount to lead the gedas once more.

Even so -- "Verx; he is ze father. They are under his name." The maternal flush had crept away entirely, now, and Aure couldn't help but regard Blodreina a bit narrowly. She told herself that the gona wasn't saying what she feared -- that her children wouldn't be of worth for not being entirely geda bred-and-born. "Even if our whelps are only half-kru, they are still kru... even if I am not." All the same, that crass note the other female had been jawing with, it... it pricked at the wisps of fur along Aure's spine; made something inside her arc with a wary vigilance. But to protect what? To protect the worth of their children that hadn't yet to form within her? How Aure, for now, wished this one sliver of euphoria to be her light?

...Yes. Yes, it was exactly that, something restless decided. It was exactly the reason that her rainless decorum began to falter; and maybe it was her insecurities, or horomones; all three, or none at all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: ❝i am❞ is set, delicate and detailed as an insect in amber to each child - by Andraste - February 13, 2019, 03:45 PM