Emberwood and through it all, a dying wind of change blew
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,530 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
The best part of being a storyteller was that you got to decide when the other person was right.  She'd considered throwing a twist in, but he looked so enthusiastically invested that she nodded emphatically, noting then how much closer he'd inched.  Hghfhfbdjssj he was cute.

Yeah! We couldn't believe it.  He was a dragon and a wizard!  Apparently dragons sing their magic, and he was working up a really good curse for the valley.  We couldn't have that, since it was our job to protect it!  So we had to stop him.  The details on how they knew it was a curse and all that she'd have to work out in a future telling.  Every story was always a work in progress!

Sarah and I fought together really well, because we did it all the time.  She dodged and I hit, I dodged and she hit, with magic flying everywhere.  We never did get to find out what the question was, but we defeated him! And no curses.

But everyone still died.  That little unwelcome thought hit her like a brick at the end of the telling, though during she'd begun to almost be able to forget.  Instantly she tried to shut it down, but she didn't recover smoothly enough to cover the hitch in her voice.  See? Super good at dragon fighting.
Messages In This Thread
and through it all, a dying wind of change blew - by Illidan - February 10, 2019, 07:27 PM
RE: and through it all, a dying wind of change blew - by Maia - April 05, 2019, 08:36 AM