Arrow Lake clanging shields, companions tramping, bronze prows, men in bronze,
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Anything was better than this muggy, indecisive day, so while she preferred the honest, no-nonsense chill of winter, it’d been some time since she’s experienced summer. Aurëwen was sure that the summers in Teekon’s northernly regions were short — but, compared to the fleeting season in her Rhaesuial  ( the true North, where Teekons were considered her South )  Aure unashamedly viewed the summers here to be longer. Falling into step with Blodreina, “I do look forward to ze summer, I suppose. As long as ze majority is not so... humid,” she grumped, white ruff shuddering.

At the restless note in the wanlinda’s voice, Aure spared her a quick, thin smile of solace. Even with her own children out, and as much as she cherished time spent with them, her nerves remained alight. In this, she felt blameless; she despised pampering, and ever moreso despised lying about for a month-and-half. At least she held herself to her faults and did her best to work through them, take them in stride from now on.

The silver thought back to the Trigedasleng — she hadn’t quite considered if her children would grow with only the common tongue. Aside from the frequent give of bounkola, she hadn’t really heard the rough-hewn language in quite some time. But if Vercingetorix wished to teach them his language, then it was fine with her ...but as it was, whatever rickety terrain they stood on now hadn’t allow them to converse about tongues, or even anything domestic or general at all  ( or so she thinks. )

Whenever the time came for reconciliation was elusive; in the meantime, perhaps she could try to learn some Trig on her own? From the clumsy wording of the tidbits she’d picked up, Aurëwen was... horrendous starting out, really. Either way, “Would you... mind teaching me this, er, Trig? I’d meant to learn some on ze cliffs, but...”

But... they’d had to take leave, while the rest of Drageda had journeyed north, and she’d put the idea from her mind. Until now. At any rate, what good would it do if she couldn't understand either of the last kru here? And, should she improve, perhaps having another to speak Trig with  ( however horrendously )  could give them all more time to spend with another and bond together in such an unfamiliar claim.