Arrow Lake and if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
His heart swelled and then clenched at the sight of them, so perfect, growing so fast. How could he leave? It was only with the hope of creating a better life for them all--with the knowledge that he would--that spurred him on. He couldn't have done it otherwise.

Hey, goufas, he whispered, stooping and taking them both within his embrace as best he could, sheltering them with his big, dark neck. My babies. I love you, you know that? I'll never, ever stop loving you.

An ugly sob bubbled up in his throat, coming out a strangled sound from his maw. I gotta leave for a while, though, Verx choked out. I want us to all be happy, in a place we can really call our own. Out by the sea, where Daddy used to live. It was better, then. And I'm gonna make it happen.

He knew they likely didn't understand much of anything he said, but he had to say it. He had to get it all out, at least. They'd be the only ones he'd tell, anyway.

Vercingetorix pulled back, laying down sphinx-like and looking down at them. I'll visit, he promised fervently. You'll see me again. Not for a while, but you will. And then I'll come and get you, and it'll be perfect. The tears fell, then, dribbling down his cheeks. Ai hod yu in, he breathed, mouth trembling.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread