Arrow Lake Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She knew all of what he was saying was true, but he just didn't get it. You don't understand what it was like--the pressure...the constant criticism when you failed do something exactly right. There was never any room for mistakes in his eyes. She shook her head, gaze still trained on the four now sleeping pups. I did everything he ever asked, and it still wasn't enough; the one time I went against his word, he cast me aside like a rotting carcass. She knew Sia didn't hate their father like she did, but he had seen the error in his dictatorial ruling. You can't expect to keep the loyalty of even your own family if you treat them like they're expendable. 

Maybe it was a mistake to leave, but there was just no way I could stay there under his rule for a second longer. He lost my respect and loyalty, and there was no way he would ever gain it back. She rarely offered second chances; Sia was the only one who had ever received one from her, and look where that got her.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. - by Takiyok - July 03, 2019, 03:49 PM